Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Aerosoft CRJ released

45 minutes ago, Manny said:

I can't find the Aerosoft support thread.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1025-aerosoft-crj/

There's two items in the FAQ that may help you, frozen displays while aircraft keeps flying and resetting the installation

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1085-frequently-asked-questions/

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

3 minutes ago, DAD said:

Sure you use alt and VNAV correctly? Works here enroute to KEYW. Selected ALT first then set VNAV on (green dots) and climb rate. Once at desired ALT it switches VNAV on and ALT engages with the two green dots and does hold it.

I could be! I selected ALT and rotate honeycomb bravo INCR/DECR but nothing happens. I don't see VNAV button though on CRJ panel only on FMC

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, Tom_L said:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1025-aerosoft-crj/

There's two items in the FAQ that may help you, frozen displays while aircraft keeps flying and resetting the installation

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1085-frequently-asked-questions/

I am trying this now.

Resetting the Aerosoft CRJ can be done by deleting all files that start with a lowercase "m" in the following location:

Microsoft Store/DVD Version:

%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj 

Steam Version:

%appdata%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj

Please note that this will trigger the initial initialization again which will result in a loading time of several minutes when loading the aircraft for the first time.

EDITED to add: This did not work. Now Its CTD when I load a flight with the CRJ. Many people have this issue.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/160517-sim-keeps-crashing-trying-to-load-the-crj/page/2/

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

2 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Well DAD,

What's the verdict so far, I know you were really looking forward to it?

Is it measuring up?

Was I? Well, sort of. Enough to get it. Anyway, still getting into it. More complicated than the FBW neo I have to admit, More clicking and dialing. To be expected and that is what I paid for I guess. No cold and dark yet, the FMS programming alone costs me enough time :-), got used to the simbrief import. but yes, looks great, sounds great, very smooth on my old rig. Like it, just at FL130 since I don’t dare to go higher being afraid not coming down in time ;-). Have RNAV 09 programmed but I am very curious whether I can master it now, getting closer to KEYW. Holds ALT and even speed nicely, follows FMS plan. Happy. Little bit afraid of the landing since getting it down to landing speed and not float/overshoot was my first challenge when flying into EDDM for for very first flight... Anyway, so far I don’t regret I got this plane

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

6 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I could be! I selected ALT and rotate honeycomb bravo INCR/DECR but nothing happens. I don't see VNAV button though on CRJ panel only on FMC

Apologies its the VS button for dialing the vertical rates. Indeed no VNAV button as such. So I dialed select ALT and then hit VS and dialed the vertical speed. Levels off nicely and now hold my ALT level

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

You guys should really watch the toturial series on YouTube. Most of your problems seem to come from inexperience with the CRJ specific flight automation which is different from your usual Jet with full LNAV/VNAT capability.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

I kind of regret buying this now, it's not compatible with MSFS flight planner and future AIRAC won't be free... 😕

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I purchased the CRJ through the Marketplace.  It took less than 5 minutes to DL, and only 2 minutes to set up.  There IS a warning about the load delay.  I flew a flight from KTOL to KCLT.  FL 260.  Used SimBrief for the flight planning.  It took about 5 minutes to program the FMS.  Flight was clean and smooth.  I don’t really chase FPS, but it was smooth all the way.  Hand flew the 23 ILS to KCLT.  Landed long but the reversers will stop you QUICK!  All in all, it’s worth the price.  You’ll definitely want to set up custom views, the standard views are worthless.

Joe Alferio

Edited by Joe Alferio
Misspelled chase

• i9-9900K + 2080 Ti | 1TB PCIe + 32GB RAM.  Dell 24 inch monitor.  Thrust master T16000 stick, throttles, and pedals.
    FSX and MSFS.

2 hours ago, kiki said:

I might wait and see first reviews. But I already have a question. I read somewhere that the price would be 42€:s. It seems to be 51 or 52€. That is not too bad either but I am a little confused

42 on the in game market, 50-something on the Aerosoft site. Take a wild guess which one I went for.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

42 on the in game market, 50-something on the Aerosoft site. Take a wild guess which one I went for.

I love MSFS regional pricing, it's just 16 Euros for my region.

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

1 minute ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

I love MSFS regional pricing, it's just 16 Euros for my region.

??

How does that work??

T45

Just now, Treetops45 said:

??

How does that work??

T45

Not in my favour. 🤣

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Bought it. Flew a circle. I'm impressed. Good performance. I'll spend a lot of time flying it for sure. I already have quite a few hours in P3D one but with the new computer I switched to MSFS. I'm glad some quality addons are finally starting to appear in MSFS!

• Like 2

Another thing my squawk always shows STBY and TCAS OFF even thought inside ATC1 menu is set to ALT and TCAS is on AUTO

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI