Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Update day

6 hours ago, cobalt said:

I have followed this issue closely, in this and other forums, and have yet to see any actual evidence that an add-on placed in Community has adversely affected the working of MSFS in any way. Can you cite even one documented case where this has happened? The experience of myself and many other simmers has been that removing files from Community makes no difference, and authoritative sources who are very familiar with ASOBO's programming have affirmed this in numerous posts here and elsewhere. As another poster said above, urban myths are hard to dislodge.

Here's what I found after a quick search on MSFS support forum:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-4-and-working-title-1000-and-3000-mods/404996

Most annoying is, that you have to make a decision to use the OBS function with the stock G1000 or to have no OBS function with the otherwise far better WT G1000. So I resorted to the GTN750 whenever possible.

Another example here:

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/issues/1206

In this case, the problem is not the WT1000 package but the G3X package instead.

Another example here:

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/issues/1112

After the 1.15.7.0  sim update, the default C172 malfunctioned with the mod installed. Reply from the mod developer:

We posted a new release which addresses this about 12 hours ago. Please update to the latest release 0.3.5.

Exactly as I've said: after a simulator update, the add-on prevented a default airplane (and all default and 3rd party airplanes using that set of gauges ) to work properly, and it required an updated version from the mod developer to support the update.

Edited by virtuali

21 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

However, I see some people say that the tree lod addon fix isnt working. For me it has been working great since its release and is still working fine to this day. I can see trees pretty much to the horizon no matter where I fly. And I fly in the nordics a lot.

That would be an amazing find if it’s still working for you, as it’s one of the most lamented changes in the sim for a lot of people.

Would you mind sharing a picture of your current tree range in a Nordic?

Edited by scotchegg

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

5 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

That would be an amazing find if it’s still working for you, as it’s one of the most lamented changes in the sim for a lot of people.

Would you mind sharing a picture of your current tree range in a Nordic?

Sure. Im currently on my way from Iceland to Greenland, so no much forests along the route 🙂  But I will share a SS when I'm done later today.

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

37 minutes ago, riverreveal said:

Anyone recall what time the World Updates drop in the UK? Is it around 5pm?

Usually 4pm.

• Like 3

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

8 hours ago, cobalt said:

I have followed this issue closely, in this and other forums, and have yet to see any actual evidence that an add-on placed in Community has adversely affected the working of MSFS in any way. Can you cite even one documented case where this has happened?

Here are two more:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bing-data-causing-crashes-with-add-on-airports-or-scenery/

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/scenery-creators-please-move-or-rename-your-modellib-bgl/

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

My FDST CYVR is broken since the last update. It won't load anymore

same with the AS CRJ, hope to get a new launcher tomorrow which will address the de/encryptions issues MS alledgedly introduced with SU4 and causes CTDs as soon as the CRJ marketplace download is somewhere near my MSFS installation folder 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I just checked Sweden and thats the same as the Netherlands, 8 km or 5 miles.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

4 hours ago, Reader said:

As far as I can see, none of these examples, including the ones you cited earlier, demonstrate that the problem is caused by files stored in the Community folder. There are add-ons that involve changes to MSFS aircraft or other files and do not use Community, and it is entirely possible that updates could cause conflicts with those. But this has nothing to do with Community.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, virtuali said:

Exactly as I've said: after a simulator update, the add-on prevented a default airplane (and all default and 3rd party airplanes using that set of gauges ) to work properly, and it required an updated version from the mod developer to support the update.

Umberto, excuse me for changing topics to one of far more importance to me....how's GSX coming along for MSFS?  Really looking forward to what you can do there! 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

6 hours ago, virtuali said:

(...)

Not sure why you and the other guy are arguing, but lets make it clear: You are NOT providing evidence that files in the community folder can break the update process. Files in the community folder do not influence which files are copied to the Official folder during the update process. Every problem occuring can be fixed by deleting the content of the community folder AFTER the update. Files in the community folder can be incompatible with the updated version of MSFS. Nobody claimed otherwise.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, crimplene said:

...Files in the community folder do not influence which files are copied to the Official folder during the update process. Every problem occurring can be fixed by deleting the content of the community folder AFTER the update. Files in the community folder can be incompatible with the updated version of MSFS. Nobody claimed otherwise.

Exactly this. ^

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the update today as I love flying around the Scandinavian countries, and this will only improve the experience.

I am also looking forward to seeing if there are a few sim updates / improvements in there. 
They have been known to squeeze a few in with the world updates in the past.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

The community seems strangely underwhelmed about World Update V? Both here and on flightsimulator.com. Odd.

9 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

The community seems strangely underwhelmed about World Update V? Both here and on flightsimulator.com. Odd.

Maybe that's because it isn't released yet? I for one am really looking forward to it 😉 

Edit: Or is it? 🤔

Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600