Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Challenger 650 coming !!!

Thanks I’ve already got a great gaming laptop and Santa brought me Track IR 😀

Any downside to Steam edition  can you still get the add ons like Phenom I’m now drooling over?

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

32 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

Thanks I’ve already got a great gaming laptop and Santa brought me Track IR 😀

Any downside to Steam edition  can you still get the add ons like Phenom I’m now drooling over?

There isnt really that much in the way of downside to the steam version, in fact if you have more than one computer its probably easier since steam handles the "only one PC at a time" thing, rather than risking getting your key deactivated.

There is a lot of upgrades available in the way of scenery, Ortho4XP handles orthophoto (time and disk space consuming but free)

simheaven are the gods of vfr stuff (also free)

https://simheaven.com/

Orbx, Im sure you know.

on windows there is a lot of reshade plugins free/paid that improve the looks.

The reason I dont really list any of that as essential is its very easy to end up spending more time tinkering than actually flying, and basically the answer to every "I would like this or that to be better/different" question is yes someone did that already.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

13 hours ago, mSparks said:

XP11 version will be the best you can get in flight sim for a while yet

That's great for the X-Plane 11 users. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, Sethos said:

That's great for the X-Plane 11 users. 

Yeah, everything is pretty much all great for xp11 users these days, fantastic even.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

Just saw this thread!!! Wow, took a long time 🙂

I own the TBM900, and have been closely following the development of the Challenger 650, and I can easily say, it will be a simulation with unpredecent detail and depth in the modelling of all the systems, Avionics, FMS, you name it! Stuff like simulating the propagation of VHF signals to accurately model which Datalink System is available to you as a crew to use for fetching data sch WX information. A complete Organic simulation of a Turbine, where all part is modeled in real time, and everything is not scripted, but actually physically calculated and outputed as a result of your current condition. A Collins ProLine 21 recreation that doesn't look too far from what a real Level D Simulation features, complete with all the communication and network Protocols between every different Avionic Hardware Units, following the real logics and flows. And the list goes on...

I just can't wait to get my hands on this addon, it is somethign like we have never seen on a desktop simulation, other than the very very few standalone over 300+ euros solutions until now. Hype is pretty big for me!

Edited by Alec
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Alexis Mefano

I have been following this project for a while, it's looking great. Really looking forward to a more advanced business jet.

Kimo

Challenger 650 coming

Please bring us an airplane that flies/operates well, to bring in the new year with joy and hope. The Hotstart Challenger 650 looks promising. I hope it lives up to the many positive statements. My hangar doors are open and waiting for this bird..

Jim Morgan

The developers did a couple of live streams today, answering several questions from the audience and explaining various aspects of the CL-650. More streams will take place tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Must be really difficult to beat this one...

Doesn't it look strange to you that some of the usual criticizers at the Forum haven't posted a single line on this thread ? Well, how could they if their main aim is to... simply... criticize... ?

Well, at least it'd look nice if they had the honesty of recognizing what's good when it's really GOOD !

This is the kind of detail / quality / completeness I would expect from a "study-level" addon, no matter what platform it get's developed for.

As I pointed out above, an add-on like this Challenger 650 can make any simulator a "Specific" simulator, in the sense that even if you do not like the rest, you can still use the base platform as a trainning / proficiency tool for a very specific aircraft / aircraft type.

The amount of detail, the richness of the implementation of this add-on is TOP TOP TOP !!!!

Edited by Anatoli-Kagari9
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

48 minutes ago, Anatoli-Kagari9 said:

Doesn't it look strange to you that some of the usual criticizers at the Forum haven't posted a single line on this thread ? Well, how could they if their main aim is to... simply... criticize... ?

Well, at least it'd look nice if they had the honesty of recognizing what's good when it's really GOOD !

This is the kind of detail / quality / completeness I would expect from a "study-level" addon, no matter what platform it get's developed for.

As I pointed out above, an add-on like this Challenger 650 can make any simulator a "Specific" simulator, in the sense that even if you do not like the rest, you can still use the base platform as a trainning / proficiency tool for a very specific aircraft / aircraft type.

The amount of detail, the richness of the implementation of this add-on is TOP TOP TOP !!!!

Thank you for the comments, Jcomm/Anatoli.  I'll also pass on your comments to Saso.

• Like 1

Looks like a new standard in desktop simulated aircraft is about to be set.

Very well done Hotstart.

• Like 1

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

32 minutes ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

Looks like a new standard in desktop simulated aircraft is about to be set.

Very well done Hotstart.

Many thanks, Gordon

6 hours ago, Anatoli-Kagari9 said:

Don't worry 😄, they will find something like "The colour of the last letter in the registration is not correct.". Or "The switch for xyz is to be switched upwards, not downwards." * (even if it doesn't depend on the plane itself, but the airline/operator operating it).

Apart from that, impressive implementation of this plane 👍.

* No joke, I have read already such thing. I'm not creative enough to make something like that up myself ...  😄 

Edited by uwespeed
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Can't wait for this Friday! A day 1 purchase for me for this add-on, Hot Start's reputation is best.

Alexander Colka

7 hours ago, uwespeed said:

* No joke, I have read already such thing. I'm not creative enough to make something like that up myself ...  😄 

I don't know how creative one can be, and I admit it might be debatable, but speaking of being creative... I've just found this one out:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/milviz-atr-72-600-wip-previews/461691/117

Screenshot_2022-01-04_184352_.jpg

@GoranM I'm sorry for derailing the topic 😳 The Challenger 650 seems fantastic and making me wanting to try it out!

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)