Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

PMDG News - 737-900 Release Date etc

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah, he talks and  talks and  talks..

In his case, it would indeed be better if he announced less, and delivered more.

• Like 1

For developers who choose to be more silent and only speak up when there's a delivery very soon or what not, more power to them... for other devs who want to be verbose and give insights into their inner workings/issues and talk about anything and everything, also more power to them (quite frankly, I'll take more of the latter, but that's just me). And for those who can't seem to bear RSR's verbage or are otherwise always triggered by PMDG for whatever curious reasons, you have the option to not read or care about their updates and/or related threads 🤷‍♂️

Not really understanding how software development works, and not understanding how PMDG's need/desire to sell on PC/Xbox/marketplace *and* re-use years of tested/refined C++ code confines them to a certain technical path on the MSFS platform that then exposes them to certain *current* technical limitations that Asobo has acknowledged (already discussed multiple times in detail and well explained by PMDG and others) is one thing... but to then blindly say that it is PMDG lagging behind while other devs are easily getting EFBs out, well that is just plain naïveté to be frank.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

They just need to release it already so we can move on to the "Complain about the Price" portion of the agenda. 🙂

9 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

They just need to release it already so we can move on to the "Complain about the Price" portion of the agenda. 🙂

Good point. I‘ll kick this off with „anything above 35 is too expensive“ after having paid 70somehing for the 700 already. Your call now 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

13 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

Call me when it's out, I will complain then. 🙂 I actually think 70 Dollars is a bit steep for a plane that is in big parts based on software already coded. But I am no expert in the details of the psyche of people who buy almost identical planes that are just a bit longer or shorter and are willing to pay the same price every time. 🙂

On the other hand I might be tempted to buy a A318 if Fenix makes it, because I sort of need the Airbus for shorter fields and steeper approaches.

On 2/6/2023 at 4:26 PM, Aamir said:

Well, this is categorically incorrect. We've released 7 updates, including large scale FM changes, VNAV being remath'd in its entirety, entire soundscape changes, visual model changes, ground friction changes, and building in new Airbus software functionality, to start. 

All good additions.   But if I may suggest, the elephant is the room regarding this product is PC performance. Nothing in that list at all provides or attempts to improve the extremely demanding performance of the A320.

Having bought the product, and being able to see the high quality, attention to detail, and great features, I am completely unable to use the product (I've made a total of around 3 point to point flights, since buying it on the day of release, many months ago). My PC is probably slightly below average by today's standards (GTX1080Ti, i7 4.2Ghz), however, it has to be said (and you perhaps won't like it), that it cannot be said that the issues are down to my 'weak' PC, where that same system gets 45-50 FPS with the PMDG737.

Is there any work on hand to improve the performace of the A320?

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

7 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Was it released? 

Nothing on their website yet (21:10z).

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

58 minutes ago, DAD said:

Good point. I‘ll kick this off with „anything above 35 is too expensive“ after having paid 70somehing for the 700 already. Your call now

Yea, I would be a little tempted if it comes in at a price around the 600, maybe a little more but not much. I would not even consider going to the PMDG webpage if it is $70.00.

Dan Scott

38 minutes ago, JYW said:

All good additions.   But if I may suggest, the elephant is the room regarding this product is PC performance. Nothing in that list at all provides or attempts to improve the extremely demanding performance of the A320.

Having bought the product, and being able to see the high quality, attention to detail, and great features, I am completely unable to use the product (I've made a total of around 3 point to point flights, since buying it on the day of release, many months ago). My PC is probably slightly below average by today's standards (GTX1080Ti, i7 4.2Ghz), however, it has to be said (and you perhaps won't like it), that it cannot be said that the issues are down to my 'weak' PC, where that same system gets 45-50 FPS with the PMDG737.

I have a mid range PC. nothing fancy, and I get around 46 FPS with the Fenix. I lock to 30 anyway, so I am happy with the performance. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

52 minutes ago, JYW said:

I have basically the same PC as you and with the Fenix I get 30 FPS stable at most airports (except for the big hubs) with 100% AIG traffic and all settings to ultra, resolution 2k and 200 terrain LOD. If you are "unable to use the product" you either have some serious problems on your PC or your definition of "unusable" is "not 50 FPS everywhere".
Yes, the Fenix is more taxing than the 737 but not like this. I suggest your use the setting to make the displays driven by your GPU in the Fenix App if you haven't already.

EDIT: My specs: 1080ti, Ryzen 5600, 32 GB Ram

Edited by Fiorentoni
PC specs

3 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

I'm very sadden by the fact that FENIX team is dead silent about its future plans. Mr. Randazzo is at least talking. 

They've stated that one of their key developers working on the new engine model is without power and stuck in the devastating war in Ukraine. Between the pandemic in 2020 and the Ukraine war in 2022, MSFS has seen a number of setbacks and tragedies, a lot of which rarely makes it to these discussion boards because such things often involve far more tragedy than just delays to a video game.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, JYW said:

May I suggest that you are exactly correct when you state, “My PC is probably slightly below average by today's standards (GTX1080Ti, i7 4.2Ghz)” But as for the rest I will tell you I consistently get 50-60s in frames with PMDG and 40s-50s with the Fenix. Your machine and it’s GPU are the culprit and until you upgrade to a modern GPU all your laments about performance failures will fall on mostly deaf ears and rightly so.

“Physician, Heal Thyself Before You Call For Others To Do The Same”

(System: i5 12600k, RTX 3070TI, 32 GB 3600 memory)

Edited by btacon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, carlanthony24 said:

No but ops centre has updates

and their store has it for sale now, so we are getting close, just hope the price gets adjusted 😉

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"