Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

X-plane 10 demo is out...

I agree with Brandon. If I want to know about X-Plane I head over to that forum. No need to post X-Plane news here.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I agree with Brandon. If I want to know about X-Plane I head over to that forum. No need to post X-Plane news here.
dude .. we all said that, so i guess you agree with all of us

Dude? Can't you read my name in my sig? And I wanted to say it too! I like to be heared LOL.gif

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Dude? Can't you read my name in my sig? And I wanted to say it too! I like to be heared LOL.gif
LOL.gif - good one dude

I agree that since they are two products which will compete with each other, there's no harm in announcing the demo is out.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I think there seems to be a misunderstanding...Flight is Flight, and X-Plane is X-Plane. LMAO.gif Therefor, a topic about one does not belong in the other's forum.
We have posted topics here about tea (me included)rolleyes.gif A heads-up about such a significant event in flight simulation is worth a mention and has relevance as a one-off thread. I am pretty sure most of us, including the XPlane nay-sayers, are very interested in the feedback about to follow. I am. And I'm a nay-sayer.

What I've seen so far looks pretty bad (roads not connecting, blurry ground, small blocks of houses where urban Seattle should be) and reports of bad FPS are popping up. I asked whether it was settings related vs. the true potential of the program and was told to "get over it."So...yeah. Whatever.

Been doing some test with the stupidly limited 10 minute demo. Was very unimpressed. When I installed it, I promised myself that I would actually give it a fair try, despite all my negativity towards it. But after several minutes, I could tell this wouldn't go well. It's still visually limited just like X-Plane 9. The UI appears still very unorganized and ugly. FPS weren't all that great. The "plausible world" is a lie...the houses look to generic. The shadowing system doesn't look good. (shadows don't even fall on houses that are generated by the aircraft.) Had to change settings. :POverall, FSX and even FS9 can be made to look just as good. (FSX looks almost better by default) Even the aircraft in XP don't even seem to fly right...the Cessna 172 is as maneuverable as an F/A-18.The one thing that I did find cool was the cloud shadows that actually affect the lighting on the plane if you fly under them. But the clouds don't look all that great.Rant over. Big%20Grin.gif

Brandon Filer

Think this belongs in the Xplane forum ?
Ya you'd think so wouldn't you....
I think there seems to be a misunderstanding...Flight is Flight, and X-Plane is X-Plane. LMAO.gif Therefor, a topic about one does not belong in the other's forum.
Apparently this forum is a free-for-all... It's too bad the moderators don't step up to the plate and let this forum remain what it was originally intend for.

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

Some moderators ( me) are trying to enjoy their holiday (thanksgiving) ..

Well I just had a play with it... ran extremely smooth on my system, though I kept losing aa and vsync for whatever reason. I have to agree with most of Brandons points, the autogen looks horribly out of place with rows of houses running right up to the runway threshold. I know their budget is nothing near what bigger developers have to play with but Xplane comes across as almost a freeware effort, unpolished and somewhat unfinished. FSX > Xplane 10 any day.

For goodness sake, guys. Alain posted a simple message that the X-Plane 10 demo is available. Maybe he thinks that people interested in MS Flight (and who do not usually visit the X-Plane forum) might like to know. Get over it.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png