Sign in to follow this  

Prepar3D V2.4 patch will be released Monday 9/29/14

So there will be not a full installer of v2.4?

Why would you even think that? Yes there will be (as always) a full installer of v2.4... B)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Why would you even think that? Yes there will be (as always) a full installer of v2.4... B)

Did you read my quotation from Rob? I didn´t make sense, if there is a full installer of v2.4...

He wrote

full install of v2.3 and then install v2.4 patch

1. Confirm 3rd party products you have will work in v2.4 and/or have updates that will allow them to work in v2.4 BEFORE proceeding

How on Earth are we supposed to know that before installing the patch?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Weren't they also going to patch some shadow issue?

Gregg

• General fixes to terrain shadow artifacts

A quick look at the patch procedure has 99% convinced me to stick with version 2.3 for the moment <_<

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

A quick look at the patch procedure has 99% convinced me to stick with version 2.3 for the moment <_<

+1 Not wasting another precious evening installing patches over their buggy software. I'll wait to hear how others get on. Or don't!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Thanks!!! Rob.  :o  :o  :o

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

General fixes to terrain shadow artifacts

Doh!  How did I miss that??

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

How on Earth are we supposed to know that before installing the patch?

One can ask their vendor or otherwise research if a new edition has been released for P3Dv2.4.

As an example - experience has shown that FSUIPC seems to be version dependent, so visiting that site to see if a new version is released on Monday may be beneficial. Same goes for ActiveSky, who's weather product seems to be P3D version specific as well. I don't know if there's an exhaustive list somewhere of addons which always require a new build when P3D updates, but I'm sure there are a few that might spring to mind just from experience with all the previous updates.

-Greg

I have been doing full uninstalls and full installs of addons and I hope this guide really helps me and speed up the process come Monday....I'm scared to go to v2.4 but I trust you Rob!

I hope someone can confirm that ASN will work with 2.4 along with FSUIPC, any news from Mr. Dawson? Those are massive for me and I am sure to others as well...

Also, will the fix of the "quadruple" the size cloud rendering fix my crazy lag within a cloud body? My clouds at times introduce more lag then in 2.2.....

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Ha... my eyes glazed over about halfway through the instructions for the patch. Not that I couldn't understand it, but,

Jeez Louise, save this, copy that, replace this ..... only software people would have you jump through such hoops to install an "incremental" update.

I really do like P3D, and I've installed all the updates (full installs only), but am I just getting old and lazy to think I shouldnt have to do this nor risk shooting myself in the foot for just running the dang patch?

Siggggghhhhhh. Oh well.

I agree with you. I'm not a programmer but I believe pretty much every step in Rob's procedure can be done by a simple script? It probably should take only 5 min for people at LM to write and include such script to automatically delete, back up and restore files and folder三 during patch update.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Thanks Rob for the heads up good to know as I was going to reinstall P3D due to the blurry terrain problem with the aerosoft 318/319 - can you confirm there will be a complete 2.4 installer - thanks

Rich Sennett

Ha... my eyes glazed over about halfway through the instructions for the patch. Not that I couldn't understand it, but,

Jeez Louise, save this, copy that, replace this ..... only software people would have you jump through such hoops to install an "incremental" update.

I really do like P3D, and I've installed all the updates (full installs only), but am I just getting old and lazy to think I shouldnt have to do this nor risk shooting myself in the foot for just running the dang patch?

Siggggghhhhhh. Oh well.

Ditto except I'm young have and no excuse lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |