Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Biggest disappointments - 2014

One thing I think the thread is useful for is to, sort of, "take the temperature"...how the frustration level is out there.  Personally, so far, I think it's pretty okay...seems lower than last year, which is a good thing. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

What a useless thread. There is so much misleading or simply false information in here. You should really keep your personal frustration to yourself instead of spreading misleasing information to others and frustrating developers. Whether to buy or not buy an add-on should really be based on thorough reviews. Not frustrating experiences from single users (which are often simply caused by wrong installations). And there are more than enough threads around which warn people of those add-ons nobody should buy...

Deary me. extracts from Carlos last 4 posts

"Oh man, the only crap is your comment. If you don't have a clue, which you obviously don't have, then don't reply to posts."

"Crazy people around here..."

Carlo appears to be the one frustrated and maybe some anger issues to deal with LOL

ZORAN

Carlo appears to be the one frustrated and maybe some anger issues to deal with LOL

;-) Yeah, right. Extremely helpful to extract fragments out of comments without the context. But just do what you got to do. And feel free to continue the rand on excellent products which is going on in this thread...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Stilling waiting for a decent ATC program. PRO-ATX is close but what about correctly handling AI? and making ATC adjustments due to weather?

Pro atc is unfortunately non FAA and ICAO compliant. Whereas RC4 and PFE are. That's a fundamental requirement is it not?

Carenado B1900D for PD3, disaster.      But then i found the ****Holy Grail****   A2A C182 and now everything is ok 

Pro atc is unfortunately non FAA and ICAO compliant. Whereas RC4 and PFE are. That's a fundamental requirement is it not?

Very true.

One thing I think the thread is useful for is to, sort of, "take the temperature"...how the frustration level is out there.  Personally, so far, I think it's pretty okay...seems lower than last year, which is a good thing.

I agree this topic is a good one, constructive feedback is always good, personally if I was a developer I would want to know what people are saying about my products, good or bad.

Orbx Van's RV-4 ...I couldn't get it started, and I'm not the only one....I filed a support ticket and no response.....*crickets*

I agree. I attribute that to a divergence of the community into three distinct "camps". There's people who have switched to P3d, people who have switched to XPlane and people who still use FSX and probably the majority of the latter will never switch sims. To me most people seem resigned to what add-ons are available for their sim and are not interested in arguing over which sim is "better". If and when PMDG releases P3d and XP10 versions of its main products, the situation may change.  But a lot of people who use FSX are somewhat constrained by their hardware and even if they would like to run a different sim, they probably can't without a major investment. A high end desktop PC runs over $3,000 US and one has to be very committed to flight simming to put that kind of money into hardware that might have a lifetime of 3 to 4 years at best.

I agree. I attribute that to a divergence of the community into three distinct "camps". There's people who have switched to P3d, people who have switched to XPlane and people who still use FSX and probably the majority of the latter will never switch sims. To me most people seem resigned to what add-ons are available for their sim and are not interested in arguing over which sim is "better". If and when PMDG releases P3d and XP10 versions of its main products, the situation may change. But a lot of people who use FSX are somewhat constrained by their hardware and even if they would like to run a different sim, they probably can't without a major investment. A high end desktop PC runs over $3,000 US and one has to be very committed to flight simming to put that kind of money into hardware that might have a lifetime of 3 to 4 years at best.

I'm in the 'wanna make the switch' camp but don't see it as there yet.  Getting there though.  And, yeah, I'll have to leave my beloved Mustang behind which makes it tougher.  Truly hoping that Eaglesoft can pry my hands from it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I'm in the 'wanna make the switch' camp but don't see it as there yet.  Getting there though.

I'm in the same boat, I want to go to P3D but apparently it doesn't work well with my ATI card, PMDG say I can't use their products in it, and several other developers are charging hefty fees for a P3D licence vs an FSX one.

Basically it's just a lot of cost of hassle in comparison the amount of flying I do (only about an hour a month).

So I think my biggest disappointment is that we're not likely to see P3D on an entertainment licence.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

What a useless thread. There is so much misleading or simply false information in here. You should really keep your personal frustration to yourself instead of spreading misleasing information to others and frustrating developers. Whether to buy or not buy an add-on should really be based on thorough reviews. Not frustrating experiences from single users (which are often simply caused by wrong installations). And there are more than enough threads around which warn people of those add-ons nobody should buy...

Snickers?

You probably have core 0 pinned at 100% all the time and it would be worthwhile to look into that further.

I wasn't aware that there was any way around this, especially with a complex aircraft around a large city...

Other than what I suggested in my post, there isn't much else that you could do except buy a faster CPU that works with your mobo.

I have noticed one other "solution" . The people responsible for UTX also make city packs that are much, much easier on one's system than the stock urban autogen. The product is Xtreme Cities, but it is presently only available for a portion of the southern US.

I have noticed one other "solution" . The people responsible for UTX also make city packs that are much, much easier on one's system than the stock urban autogen. The product is Xtreme Cities, but it is presently only available for a portion of the southern US.

That looks really nice. 

Gregg Seipp