Sign in to follow this  
Wobbie

Why Does Everyone Love AVSIM?

I am an AVSIM-holic.....It has been 5 minutes since my last log in and I regularly log in 30 to 40 times a day :lol:

Same here. I've been here since 2003 and probably check the site 7 to 8 different times throughout the day, although not as much prior to smart phones when I had to actually wait until I got home to check.

The funny thing for me is that I've not had to use Avsim so much for help or trouble shooting problems, but when I check Avsim it's more for curiosity sake. I guess I am always looking to see some new announcement for a new product that's coming out or some new item that is going to make simming even better. Or even better the announcement of a new sim that will be the end all of sims, although that announcement never seems to show up.

Speaking of which, I still remember when some of the guys from Aces used to post here and when stuff about FSX starting coming out. That was probably my highest usage period was when info about the new sim that was to be called FSX was being posted here. I remember checking Avsim in the morning, noon and night waiting for new screen shots and details to emerge. I start doing the same when it was announced that they were working on the next new sim called Flight and there were pages and pages of posts all speculating on what Flight would be and how great or horrible it was. Unfortunately for some of us who were expecting a whole world sim, we new how that turned out.

Since then my peak usage of checking Avsim constantly was when PMDG started leaking info on the NGX. Seemed like I was logged into Avsim 24/7 either on smart phone or PC looking for new details on it.

Since then my usage has tapered a bit, but I still visit around 7 different times through the day, mostly by my tablet since I am out of the house a lot.

I can honesty say that I spend more time by a wide margin browsing the Avsim forums that I actually do flying in FSX.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Great site for info. These forums are "Simply the best, better tha all the rest!". (with appologies to Tina Turner!)

I like to have balance, just to see what the other guys have to say, so I always look on the other sites. It is also debateable as to where the better downloads are, but then, it's a personal choice.

Here, the forums are easy to use, searching for whatever is easy as well, & thanks,  :Applause:   , to you, the mods, for keeping us on the straight & narrow.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I hate everybody!

No exception for AVSIM, sorry ... :P

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Same here. I've been here since 2003 and probably check the site 7 to 8 different times throughout the day, although not as much prior to smart phones when I had to actually wait until I got home to check.

Just don't check on your smartphone when driving a car. AVSIM and Driving is not a good thing   :o

Matthew Kane

Avsim was one of the first sites I joined.  :p0311:    Back then Noah got his dove back with a leaf!.

:help:  Help has always been forthcoming from guys that give out their knowledge & advice.

We have seen a lot of guys that have flown into Blue Skys, gone, but always remembered by their add-ons & advice left behind. :p0503:

We have also had the guys that :t0152: .

Thanks to all that have made our hobby/obsession such fun, frustrating, but never dull. & of course, to those freeware designers that release on Avsim... Guys & Gals (we need more of you), you are the cornerstone of our hobby, many thanks.

Kind Regards, many thanks & happy landings to all.

Robin

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

ref "Who started this topic!

Maybe my sense of humour was too way out to relate to the topic in general.

To explain:It was intended to relate the overwhelming positive posts to the  

negative content in the context of the world opinion regarding the Russian

(i.e Putin) version of the Ukraine situation. "Are there AVSIM freeriders in Russia?

Anamiv                          

I don't think the hobby would be as enjoyable as it was if it wasn't for the great community of users on the forums who all share the same interest, share their enthuisasm, discoveries, screenshots and are nearly always willing to help each other.

The odd pinch of controversy does add to the buzz..........opps did i say that out loud   :BigGrin:

Because it's...

45401783.jpg

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

im%20Not%20Worthy.gif  :Applause:     :LMAO:  :p0503:

So true....

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

For me Avsim is simply the best info and discussion platfom for flight simulation. It enhanced my flightsim experience over the last years significantly. Thanks to the whole Avsim team and everybody who contributes with the goal to improve our wonderful hobby.

Felix

Hello Jim,

I don't understand the meaning of 'Everyone' hates or loves AVSIM'. There is nobody who really knows everybody, because that are clearly a lot of people.

Personally I  would say: Love it or Leave it; everything you got here at AVSIM is for granted.

For me the flightsimulator hobby would be half as nice without AVSIM. Nearly every day I look short or long on the site because I LOVE it.

When you don't love it, dont't look at it and be satisfied. 

Please continue the good job and thanks, AVSIM.

Cheers,

Ben

I am so thankful for AVSIM and the many knowledgeable folks here on AVISM.  This is my number one site.  If it hasn't been for AVSIM I would probably still be trying to find out why FSX doesn't start up or why does it crash all lthe time, why are there blurries etc or how do I land the 737.. I could go on and on with stupid things I have done thru years in running FSX but there has always been someone to chime in to give me a helping hand.  I don't have a very up to date computer, but I have it going pretty good thanks for the expertise of many on showing just how to tweak configs, xml etc.

For a retired old gezza like me this site is my hobby and second hobby is to still try to auto land a T7.

It is amazing that AVSIM have folks from all over the world on this site and I have received help and advice from SE, Europe etc almost instantly.

Wow how the world has changed from the days I was in school  It was slide rule and mechanical calculators.and no flight simulators. 

Thanks Everyone,

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________