Sign in to follow this  
Manny

What is LM up to? Do we get a P3D V3.4? or V4? anything?

My wild guess is that there will not be anymore 32 bit major versions of P3d. Version 4 will be DX12 and 64 bit. It will use pretty much the same file formats as previous versions. That doesn't mean that addons designed for P3d V3 will work in V4 though.

• Upvote 1

Exactly my take, Jay. DX12 might be an option, though, but who knows.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Considering the fact that dx12 is for Win10 only, and was only finalized a month before Win10 went public last July. That doesn't leave a lot of development time for LM to design from the ground up, and implement a new graphics engine. If they are/were planning a release of P3Dv4 in the next 4-6 months, my guess would be that the new version of P3D would be dx11, and its much broader user base. There are many companies (ie,flight schools) that are not very keen on spending the money to "upgrade" to Win10.

• Upvote 1

I am not a developer or programer and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I just think that a lot of folks are already getting their panties in a bundle over this whole 64 bit thing. Yes it will require some changes and updates and it may cost us a bit of money, but, I don't think it will be all that big a deal.  It seems that X-plane folks are finding plenty of software and in fact since making the change they have way more aircraft add ons than ever before. The normal Drama Queens who have been around this forum for years are already starting to surface again. The Developers are going to make it sound hard because they want to sell you stuff!! The more diffucult they can make it sound then the more they can charge you for that stuff. This is how bussiness works. After all, they are in business to make money!! You can't blame them for that. We are already up to page 5 and LM has not even made an anouncement as to when they will make an anouncement. That is 5 pages of discussion with no real facts about something that does not officially exist yet! I think I will wait a while before I start looking for a tall building to jump from..  :help: "It's all bad"...... "LM hates me"....and on....and on....and on :t0103:

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

It's okay Sam, this is analogous to hanger talk out at the airport.  Just having fun.

Dan Downs KCRP

It's a sign that things are going well in sim land. Nothing too much to complain about, most folks are busy flying and drop in for an occasional discussion.

Just wait until LM DOES release the next version - then we'll have endless posts about " I'm not going to update" and "Do I have to uninstall and reinstall everything?" - not to mention those that will be - "I updated and it broke <fill in the blank>.

Ah yes - it will be here soon enough. 

Vic

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It's okay Sam, this is analogous to hanger talk out at the airport.  Just having fun.

LOL I am just peachy!! After years and years of spending and tweaking, and now P3d ver 3.3 with 4K and most everything running pretty much to the right, I am a happy camper! If VR makes it better or P3d 64 bit adds to the fun then I am there!! If they don't work out then I am still going to be a happy camper. LOL I am pushing 70 and Version 3 may out last my hearing and eyes!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I am a happy camper!

Agreed Sam. I pretty much just fly these days.

Cheers,

Mark

The major things that hold me back with P3D are the hard autogen line/limit that looks really bad (think the shortened radius started in 3.0?) and the lack of global lighting, ala XP10.

If P3D is to draw me back in, it's time to take care of those aspects.

The rest of the stuff is there at a high enough level, especially with addons.

The major things that hold me back with P3D are the hard autogen line/limit that looks bad (think the shortened radius started in 3.0?)

Hmmm..Did they? Is that how they solved the OOM issue? I didn't know.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hmmm..Did they? Is that how they solved the OOM issue? I didn't know.

I posted a screenshot a while back and was told the hard line/shorter radius started sometime in 3.0 and is the current normal. And yeah, it was speculated this helped with OOMs.

It wasn't like that in 2.5. But regardless, it's time to take the next step and redo the autogen visibility limits as part of going 64bit.

Based on the release cadence of a major release every two years and a minor release every quarter, the math seems to indicate that v4 would release in the third of fourth quarter of 2017. We should see a point (minor) release for v3 next month (v3.4) another in Q4 2016 (v3.5) and v3 might finish up with a 3.6 release in Q1 or Q2 of 2017. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

V2 stopped with 2.5. Even a 3.5 release is not that much likely

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Just saying,

We run a 2 year project (Young Falcons) every second Saturday at our Flight Sim academy. We look after & mentor 60 kids, 30 juniors & 30 seniors, & they get lectures & do practicals on PC's (donated). This culminates in a Wings Parade, where local GA pilots donate their time & planes & fly the kids in circuits. They take off, & the kids then fly. Oh, for our 2 best students, we have a surprise L39 flight for them. A few kids have actually recieved PPL's & glider licenses.

Anyhow, All the practicals are done with FS2004, that we have also loaded in our Avro Shackleton sim & our MB326 sim as well.

When real pilots fly the sims, they actually 'brace' themselves in their seats (actual seats & controls) on touch down, such is the immersion factor we have!

So, will P3D 64bit ( or 32bit, or even FSX) make these kids, or anyone here, better pilots, or is it just the eye-candy?

Just saying!

• Upvote 3

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Wow...Five pages already about a sim that doesn't even exist...

I am just enjoying v3.3.5 to the fullest with each flight I make.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0