Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

What do you miss about the old days?

We have wonderful and interesting times nowadays that I'm sure most here do appreciate.

But with mostly seasoned people in these forums, I wonder about the title question. It can be one thing, or several.

1. Having hair

2. Being more regular

3. People being less spoiled and more polite

4. Time not flying by so fast (remember those seemingly endless summers?) :lol:

• Upvote 4

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I was a member of Avsim before forums and the library were introduced and basically there were two sites for FS info.  Avsim and Flightsim.  Most of my library of planes were downloaded from AOL back in the day before the web made it to the mainstream.  I stored them all on 3.25 floppies organized by type and livery.

Early forum members were helpful and not critical of every post.  Arguments were rare and helpful posts abundant.

I do miss those early day of FS as the community was more close and personal than it is now.

• Upvote 4

Sean Green

I mostly miss my very large pay packet

not having an aching back

my old spaniel mate "swifty" who seemed to know everything but said nothing and always agreed with me

• Upvote 5

I miss the following.

1. People taking pride in their appearance and dressing up for work. Once casual Friday took over in the late 90's and early 2000's, it's been all downhill from there.

2. Miss people being more polite to each other.

3. Miss the fact that people didn't feel so entitled to have anything they wanted without having to work for it.

4. Manners

5. I miss the fact that when things didn't go people's way they usually found a way to deal with it and move on. Just look at the crying and melt downs people are having his week when their chosen candidate didn't get elected.

6. Men wanted to be masculine and women wanted to be feminine. Now people want to be identified as all types of genders or gender neutral. New York City has a list of 31 different gender types. What ever happened to being either being a man or a women. Guess I'm just old fashioned.

7. I miss people saying please and thanks.

8. I miss the fact that people used to drive without having their eyes looking at their smart phone instead of looking at the road. Before cell phones became really mainstream I used to ride motorcycles and also cycle on public streets, with the only fear of being hit by a drunk driver. Now your more likely to be hit by someone texting that being drunk. I don't motorcycle or cycle anylonger.

• Upvote 16

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I miss Microsoft's ACES and the anticipation of FS11...

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

anonymity ... just a user name, no signature police, no encrypted log files & conversing with people who were born before my first solo !!  

for now, cheers

john martin

My memory and my monthly salary to purchase new goodies  :(   Regards.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Having family around.  My sister is 800 miles away, cousins and brother are 500 miles.  my wife doesn't have any family anymore (well they're also 400 miles away, but they screwed her with money).

Not having to pay gobs of money for cable tv for 1000 channels of nothing to watch.  We just had channel 2-13 and 43 (Saturday morning black and white horror movies).

Riding my banana bike (and eventually my 3 speed--my friends all had 10 speeds) on trails in the woods 

• Upvote 2

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I miss the following.

1. People taking pride in their appearance and dressing up for work. Once casual Friday took over in the late 90's and early 2000's, it's been all downhill from there.

2. Miss people being more polite to each other.

3. Miss the fact that people didn't feel so entitled to have anything they wanted without having to work for it.

4. Manners

5. I miss the fact that when things didn't go people's way they usually found a way to deal with it and move on. Just look at the crying and melt downs people are having his week when their chosen candidate didn't get elected.

6. Men wanted to be masculine and women wanted to be feminine. Now people want to be identified as all types of genders or gender neutral. New York City has a list of 31 different gender types. What ever happened to being either being a man or a women. Guess I'm just old fashioned.

7. I miss people saying please and thanks.

8. I miss the fact that people used to drive without having their eyes looking at their smart phone instead of looking at the road. Before cell phones became really mainstream I used to ride motorcycles and also cycle on public streets, with the only fear of being hit by a drunk driver. Now your more likely to be hit by someone texting that being drunk. I don't motorcycle or cycle anylonger.

:Applause: :Applause: :drinks:

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD