Milton Waddams

Orbx 2018 Roadmap

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I see they will also be releasing airports and photoreal regions for X-Plane 11, boy they are going to be a busy group!

Cheers

Martin

Nice.. It didn't look like much was planned photoreal wise in the US besides the Pc Northwest.  Is that the case?  My pc wasn't able to load the entire thread. 

Great developer. I'm a loyal customer in P3Dv4 and since FSX, and I'm glad to see them going into XP11 too.  Perfect products for 64-bit!

• Upvote 1

Looking really good...! No problems with those pics on my iPad. :happy: It’s one busy company...!

I was able to see the entire thread, perhaps you need to log into the Orbx forum? I stay logged in.

The photoreal PNW is exciting, and even adding some places I'll go such as Barrow AK and Spokane WA.  Very nice.

Oh that's cute, they think people are going to pay for photoreal scenery for X-Plane. What I'd really like to see is an ORBX Global equivalent for X-Plane, replacing all of the awful default textures so the world with new HD Mesh v4 looks better. Ortho4XP is really nice but isn't feasible to cover the whole world, not to mention all the inconsistencies with ortho imagery.

Not really excited about the P3D stuff at all. I wish they'd expand eastward with the regular region packs and cover the Midwest US and Great Lakes areas instead of rehashing existing ones.

• Upvote 4

Looks amazing as anything that Orbx does, i always have that low expectation that one day they do anything for my country (Portugal), except the global products, a beautiful land that deserves more love in the simming community in my opinion. I will play 24h naked in the day they release any scenery for my country(hope they dont release anything in the winter).

Impressive! But expected. Their track record is among the best in the community.

I'd also like to see ORBX regions or global textures converted for XP 11. By the time it happens maybe XP 11 will have a decent weather generator. Right now it leaves a lot to be desired.

• Upvote 1

Good Lord....omg...so many products and 2 new sims.  I already have 3 ssds on my pc (one for work, one for p3d, and the last one for fsx).  I will have to start saving up for having 1TB ssds (and yes, for sim I will run them in raid 0).  And then money to buy all of these eyecandy.  You need eye candy in VR!!!!!  This hobby is going to be very expensive in 2018.

Amazing Orbx!!!! I love them Orbx Products....

Was really hoping to see buildings hd project finished up and Hawaii scenery.  Id also like  to see them overhaul the night lighting at some point and go east in USA with scenery.  Im a fan of their work but I think they are stretching themselves thin with all those other simulators. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, JasonW said:

Was really hoping to see buildings hd project

Forgot about that project for a minute, lol.

Personally, I was hoping for some updates on openLC Africa/Middle East and Asia.

I hope ORBX didn't move these to the back burner.

Dave

• Upvote 1

>Oh that's cute, they think people are going to pay for photoreal scenery for X-Plane.

Well, I can only speak for myself when I say that this particular prolithic XP-11 Ortho4XP user will gladly pay for Orbx photo-real that is all properly color matched, cleaned up, water masked, and with PROPER AUTOGEN applied in the correct locations, such as shown in the preview, especially being that I already have the P3d/FS versions of so many areas that provides me a 40% discount for the new content.

Also, I recently installed Orbx into Aerofly, and I can say that without any doubt at all, that is the BEST Orbx I have ever seen. It works better in that application than it ever did in the FS franchise, plus I have still yet to see the FPS drop below 160 (!) with all sliders full to the right. If you want to see a sample of Orbs in Aerofly, visit this thread....

I have long supported Orbx, and was a bit down to be honest because having 5 different Flight Sims on my computer I had come to the conclusion that at least 2 had to go, and the first victim was P3D. It was a tough decision not because I have been with the FS franchise since FS4 was first released (really dating myself here), but because I enjoyed the Orbx so much, especially PNW and Alaska. Now I am happy that I will be able to continue to enjoy and support them with both XP-11 and Aerofly.

• Upvote 3

Orbx should finish the rest of the U.S. With actual regions.

Jeff 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JasonW said:

Was really hoping to see buildings hd project finished up and Hawaii scenery.  Id also like  to see them overhaul the night lighting at some point and go east in USA with scenery. 

Agreed.  And some of those airport choices have me shaking my head.

• Upvote 3

Man, photoreal+autogen is a dream come true! This is how I've always imagined scenery to be like.

• Upvote 1

Very happy for the XP11 announcement. I have 4tb of Ortho, but would gladly pay for a hassle-free experience.

• Upvote 1

THat road map is a great surprise! Good to have ORBX add ons for XPlane now as well.

The photoreal PNW looks fantastic and might give me a reason to keep P3D around a while longer :gaul:

Not a complaint since everything looks impressive, and I'm glad to see the inclusion of XP11, but I guess that would push OLC for Eurasia, Africa, and Asia until 2019?  They also mentioned South America OLC would be followed up by some South American airports.

• Upvote 1

EGCB Manchester Barton for XP11, eh? I do hope that they convert this to P3D. It would be rather annoying to have UK airfields created for XP11, when they abandoned that product line rather abruptly for MS based flight simulators.