Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

P3D v4.5 FPS down

Recommended Posts

There is one thing I seem to be able to confirm: The level of detail slider is definately broken. The LOD stays at maximum with all settings. This can be easily seen when switching to top down view and zooming way out.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Farlis said:

There is one thing I seem to be able to confirm: The level of detail slider is definately broken. The LOD stays at maximum with all settings. This can be easily seen when switching to top down view and zooming way out.

in default scenery?


Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX2080Ti

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, kevinfirth said:

in default scenery?

As this a global setting, it makes no difference whether scenery is default or not.

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like they may have found a fix for the problem. 

Frame issues in Prepar3D v4.5

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 2

Dan

i9-10900K@5.1 / Asus Maximus Hero Z490 / EVGA 1080ti FTW3 / ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 / Phanteks Eclipse P600S / Patriot Viper Steel 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 4400@4000CL17 / 2ea Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB / 1ea Samsung 850 EVO 1TB / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / Sony 43in 4K @ 30Hz

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Oliver Naundorf said:

Hello Simbol

I did the tests from 1 to 3 as described.
The FPS were bad as before.

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for confirming, Rob McCarthy gave us some explanations privately and we are waiting for LM to give us something else to test before they release the public hotfix.

But I wanted to be sure the above is not a factor.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

 

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

And, is there a NDA now for this issue or could someone shed some light on the root cause of the performance loss? The tension is unbearable :laugh:


Greetings, Chris

Intel i7-8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Prepar3D 4.5

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, AnkH said:

And, is there a NDA now for this issue or could someone shed some light on the root cause of the performance loss? The tension is unbearable :laugh:

Hi Chris,

As you must appreciate I am passing as much information as posible to keep you guys in the loop, but Rob McCarthy public post via LM was quite clear in regards the next steps to follow.

I can only say what I am authorised to say, this is normal with any software vendor house and of course more critical with a defence contractor as LM.

Please rest assured that LM is working very hard to fix this issue, also Rob Ainscough who has been testing incisively hand to hand with LM, we must ensure to pass our most sincere gratitude not only to him but also to LM engineers as soon as this situation is resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Simbol

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Looks like they may have found a fix for the problem. 

Frame issues in Prepar3D v4.5

Fantastic, hopefully that's the issue everyone's having so we can put it to rest.


8700K Delid @ 5GHz | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (2004) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, simbol said:

Hi Chris,

As you must appreciate I am passing as much information as posible to keep you guys in the loop, but Rob McCarthy public post via LM was quite clear in regards the next steps to follow.

I can only say what I am authorised to say, this is normal with any software vendor house and of course more critical with a defence contractor as LM.

Please rest assured that LM is working very hard to fix this issue, also Rob Ainscough who has been testing incisively hand to hand with LM, we must ensure to pass our most sincere gratitude not only to him but also to LM engineers as soon as this situation is resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Simbol

 

Absolutely! Thank you Simbol, thanks to Rob A. and all the others especially from LM who participated to find a quick solution.


- Harry J.

i7-7820X (@4.8 GHz), 32GB RAM (@3467) 2080Ti (3440x1440), SSD 500GB, (Win10x64),  SSDs 1+2 TB (P3Dv5.x + ORBX). FSGlobalNG (mesh), ORBX (Global+OLC, all FTX Regions, all TE products, many Airports), DDscenery (NY, CH, MIA), Airports (FT, FB, FSDT, AS); PMDG (737, 747, 777), MJC DQ400, RA Piston Duke, A2A C172. Weather ASP5. F1 GTN complete. AI Traffic: AIG OCI

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks symbol and Rob for running with this much appreciated look forward to testing when ready no rush as can always revert to 4.4 . The scenary by the way looks great in 4.5 much improved.


Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 2080 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Share this post


Link to post

I hate to say this guys I'm following this while still running 4.4 keep up the good work.  

  • Upvote 1

i9 10900K\ASUS APEX MB \ MSI RTX 2080Ti GAMINGX TRIO \ M.2  Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB C Drive \ 2+1TB Samsung 850 EVO \ 2TB BarraCuba \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3600MHZ \ Windows 10 Home\ ASUS 28" 4K monitor\ 4TB Portable Drive\P3DV5

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I hate to say this guys I'm following this while still running 4.4 keep up the good work.  

This is why I always keep the installers from the previous version. You never know.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

NAX669.png

Share this post


Link to post

Hi there,

is there any possibility that some one can sent The P3D 4.4 client installer. I don’t have A backup but my fps are bad with 4.5.

you can sent me a DM

thank you!

jef


Greetz,

 

Jeffrey Jacobs

Share this post


Link to post

This i

8 minutes ago, JeffreyJ said:

Hi there,

is there any possibility that some one can sent The P3D 4.4 client installer. I don’t have A backup but my fps are bad with 4.5.

you can sent me a DM

thank you!

jef

This would not be allowed and I don't think it would work anyway. You should have legacy installers in your account. Check in your account. The legacy client installers are there.

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    31%
    $7,775.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...