Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

Do 4K users need NVIDIA 3080 ???

35 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

The flightsim runs so smooth on 1080ti, i have no need for graphics upgrade the next 2 years.

Even on a 1080 at 1440 I get acceptable performance. Happy to wait for motherboards and ram to catch up with the new cards before buying.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

47 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

sure the same people will laughing at 3090 users in two years 😂

but they had a good ride the last two years.

LoL ...  the people who will really be laughing (and laughing especially at "The Impatient Ones" with a fire burning  🔥 in their pockets!) will be those who controlled their impatience AND wallet, and just bought a Series X Console instead straight off the bat!

🤣🤣

And they won't be waiting two years to get into that position either.  From just a few weeks away in November, it seems.

Sink an excessive fortune 💸 instead into a super-expensive Gaming Computer now - that is NOT anywhere near either a financial or pleasure VALUE-match for a Series X Console ...???  

Nah!  NOT the best use of a scarce resource.

Instead, take the money you saved wasting 💸 in an expensive and immediately depreciating asset, and invest that surplus in FAANG stocks, and the capital growth in those stocks alone over the next two years, will reward you immensely for your financial prudence and wisdom. And doubly so, when you consider how these sky-high computer prices are going to DROP next year.

Best financial decision you could ever make - by far!  Absolute no-brainer.💲

Edited by Jonnoxx

5 hours ago, BigDee said:

Second, the OLED in the video is much sharper than the QLED

OLED is a technology where QLED is marketing IMO.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

16 minutes ago, Jonnoxx said:

Instead, take the money you saved wasting 💸 in an expensive and immediately depreciating asset, and invest that surplus in FAANG stocks, and the capital growth in those stocks alone over the next two years, will reward you immensely for your financial prudence and wisdom. And doubly so, when you consider how these sky-high computer prices are going to DROP next year.

Best financial decision you could ever make - by far!  Absolute no-brainer.💲

LOL you talk about investing $1.500 ? 😂

my Wifes birthday last month dinner with friends cost more, yes i asked her why she didn't want an rtx 30xx graphics card for present 😅

• Like 1

It follows that the differences are not as great as it was in the announcements but it is not bad.

0WH9WeQm.jpg 5wa6AYdm.jpg 

hvkKmomm.jpg iyj2BX9m.jpg 

oz4Ejxdm.jpg VGcFoo4m.jpg 

VF9d2cum.jpg  cj9KUodm.jpg

NDA for tests is present till the 14.09.2020.
Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, YoYo said:
It follows that the differences are not as great as it was in the announcements but it is not bad.

Looks like the "comparisons" are taken from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB4nt6bZXp4 

Inside the video and in the text description they state

"IMPORTANT Note: This video is based on statistics and these aren't real benchmarks"

So a nice way of saying "we faked some plausible-looking benchmarks" 

I've found another more recent leak, not sure though if it's any better:

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-graphics-card-benchmarks-game-performance-leak/

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

I just ordered a 17" Dell gaming computer with an OLED screen.  Every review said that it has the best computer screen that they have ever seen.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

17''? The upcoming iPhone may be bigger. 🙂

I’m not sure if he was being sarcastic or not. That’s why I didn’t reply. 

13 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

I just ordered a 17" Dell gaming computer with an OLED screen.  Every review said that it has the best computer screen that they have ever seen.

Cheers

bs

Laptop?

James

On 9/11/2020 at 8:58 AM, YoYo said:

5wa6AYdm.jpg 

Rediption? Really?😂

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

On 9/10/2020 at 4:53 PM, scotchegg said:

Even on a 1080 at 1440 I get acceptable performance. Happy to wait for motherboards and ram to catch up with the new cards before buying.

Agreed!!!

You really need a PCIe 4.0 slot to take advantage of the new 30xx cards or you will be limited by the Bus Speed!

Chris Camp

On 9/11/2020 at 2:58 AM, YoYo said:

0WH9WeQm.jpg 5wa6AYdm.jpg 

hvkKmomm.jpg iyj2BX9m.jpg 

oz4Ejxdm.jpg VGcFoo4m.jpg 

VF9d2cum.jpg  cj9KUodm.jpg

Wow!

No real need to upgrade from my 2080 Super ATM...

I believe their will be a much bigger jump in performance with the new PCIe 4.0 slot!

Chris Camp