Sign in to follow this  
Fizzelle

Are the AVSIM forums really toxic?

Over on the MSFS forum they're saying they won't come here because they consider this place too toxic, insulting, unhelpful; you name it.

But whenever I've posted things here, or seen other people asking for help, I've found the opposite. Perhaps people here are simmers and not gamers (1 theory), more mature and just chilled more.

Dunno, but it's a mystery as to why there appears to be that perception.

Edited by Fizzelle
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I find the msfs forums toxic and here its relatively calm. Over there personal insults fly and bickering is the norm. Younger, more raucous crowd i think over there.

• Like 4

I think they all have there moments. It’s the internet after all. Avsim has a good blend of knowledge, passion and humour for this little hobby of ours.

• Like 3

Yeah all the other forums think we are a bunch of boomers. Which, who knows, we probably are 😆

• Like 2

Tyson Rose

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I find AVSIM to be the least toxic. I would even say it's not toxic at all, and most of the users here are highly knowledgeable on subject matters. I think the reason it's like that is because you are not going to find young, impatient video-gamers here who will sign up for a flight simulation forum just to vent or cause discord. Although recently I've seen a few users who are like that, they are extremely low in numbers. 

Also, in this forum and literally everywhere else, you can always put an user on ignore if you think they are trolling or being toxic. 

Edited by EvidencePlz
  • Like 4

I find MSFS is really toxic in comparison to Avsim, sometimes really I pity devs in Asobo reading the comments there. Sure constructive feedback is highly encouraged but not ranting for nothing like "shame on you Asobo" kind of threads over there without offering help on how help Asobo to fix issues. 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

58 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

Perhaps people here are simmers and not gamers (1 theory)

You hit the nail on the head

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

No, that's the normal internet before nanny facebook censorship & co.
It's not "toxic", it's not being mean to you, it's just how it is.
If you can't manage it, it's your fault and you're never gonna make it in an unfiltered environment.

Edited by EmaRacing
  • Upvote 2

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Avsim is a very large forum. The MSFS forum in Avsim is only a small subset.

I guess the reputation of Avsim as toxic arises from other sub forums.

I too find this place generally pleasant, except some notable figures can make certain threads very difficult to follow. Not to mention even this place can fall into the occasional rabbit hole of ‘begone Asobo’. 

Is there any non-toxic social forum on internet?

• Like 5

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

No need for a drama or soul searching  here 😀.

There is a small group of sad clowns at Reddit who are now also on MSF forum whose favorite passtime is dissing Avsim, sometimes with truly  filthy posts (at Reddit which is not too picky about what you can post...).

Not the same aliases but the same themes and vocabulary so I suppose the same posters. It seems that most were ejected from Avsim over the years for bad behaviour and piracy. 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam