Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 29th, 2021 - Development Update

3 hours ago, espent said:

A big part of the top50 wish list have now been set to be released in 2021. I find that pretty awesome.  If they release on time and with quality this will be very good. 

Opening the weather system not planned... 😞 

18 minutes ago, kiki said:

Opening the weather system not planned... 😞 

Asobo have said from pretty much the beginning that the weather system is such an important part of the sim that they will not allow others to override it.

• Like 4

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

I really do not understand why Microsoft leave themselves open by publishing stuff like this.

If they do not meet the estimated deadline they get hammered.

Even if they do meet the deadlines there will always be someone unhappy about some bug or feature they personally feel is important that did not get priority.

It makes no sense, they would be better off saying nothing and just announce stuff once it is completed.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I really do not understand why Microsoft leave themselves open by publishing stuff like this.

They’re trying to be open and transparent. Unlike ACES studio from previous MS FlightSim releases who we never heard from. 

I think its great they’re so open, I love the Dev Q&A’s. 

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

<snip>

It makes no sense, they would be better off saying nothing and just announce stuff once it is completed.

In the early days after the initial release there was considerable pressure to provide a roadmap of when identified bugs would be fixed and keenly desired features would appear. Essentially MS were going to be criticised whichever decision they took. MS plumped for transparency and I'm sure were keenly aware they would get brickbats as a result.

Give people power to really test their personality.

6 hours ago, Gilandred said:

Xenviro for X Plane does winter with shaders.

And brings the sim to it's knee's.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Thanks @Gilandred and @eaim, I now recall there was discussion about seasons in Xenviro, I even owned an early version but let it go later.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb
  • Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

13 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Why is #1 on the Wishlist the FBW 320??  Not quite sure what the wish is for....we have access to it now.  What am I missing here??

A detailed "work in progress" airliner that Asobo keeps breaking. The people have spoken. Its not always about wanting watermask boats ships and the fake pixelated cloud complaints.

Edited by jbdbow1970

11 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Why is #1 on the Wishlist the FBW 320??  Not quite sure what the wish is for....we have access to it now.  What am I missing here??

Wasn't it supposed to be some kind of "hey Asobo, work with them" kind of thing?

Kinda funny that it's the #1 wish on the list and I'm sitting here going "why did we want that again?" lol

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Scottoest said:

My guess is that seasons simply got backburnered in favour of more pressing stuff they want to get in or fix first, in response to feedback.

Yes, like the release of the Top Rudder 103 ultralight plane. 🙄😆

• Like 3

I really do appreciate their aspirations and openness, but I worry about how they seem to understand current issues, and apply what they think is a fix to simmers concerns, such as how the night lighting was handled.

As an example, the night lighting was great to start with, really atmospheric, but some people didn't like the sepia masks as they flew higher. 
Asobo addressed this but changed the whole lot and threw the baby out with the bath-water.  The low level lighting didn't need changing.  Why or how did they misunderstand this?

This issue with precise communication has caused some of the situations, along with 'we just don't see the problem at our end'.

So I don't think the level of communication or their aspirations for the sim is a problem, it is great!  It is just that some of the communication seems to be misunderstood.  I am not sure if it is a language barrier, or just if they think on a different level.  :smile:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 hours ago, espent said:

Asobo have said from pretty much the beginning that the weather system is such an important part of the sim that they will not allow others to override it.

Not being able to override it is one thing, but the weather related calls in SimConnect are all marked 'deprecated' so we can't even access the data for planning puposes - for example Little Navmap has no access to MSFS weather.

• Upvote 1

Ian Box

13 hours ago, Baber20 said:

I guess we will see Xbox release in June with DX12U update for pc coming in July with Sim Update 5.

Guess again! 😂 DX12U release window is '2021' that's all we know. Microsoft removed 'Summer 2021' from the release window for this update many months ago.

14 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

Guess again! 😂 DX12U release window is '2021' that's all we know. Microsoft removed 'Summer 2021' from the release window for this update many months ago.

Yes you are right. So they probably delayed it to fall or winter.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Flight plan reshuffling is driving me absolutely nuts when importing from Simbrief and trying to make any sorts of adjustments. Core stuff that should work out of the box since it already exists in the UI and they're focusing on some other less important bs.  

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |