Watsi

Real life vs. YouTube

Someone had to say it! 🙂

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

FlyByWire Simulations

lol. On point

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Overcorrecting your own overcorrection is cool though 😛 Adds +30% drama to the video.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 

Very true.

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)

I always wondered why some YouTube pilots fly like a rally driver drives!

Edited by bobcat999

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Finally. The truth is out 😄 this video was hilarious.

Oh and the second important boasting is, always mention a dozen times how "simulators are absolutely different and have NOTHING to do with real flying, NOTHING, flying is so difficult no normal human can do this, and one does not get the slightest knowledge about airplanes, airplane systems and navigation because a simulator is NOTHING like real life, flying in real life is so difficult only an absolute god turned human can fly an aeroplane, don´t think if you can fly a Cessna in a simulator you know anything about a real Cessna 152 (or Airbus, or whatever) because only a god with the super-slow-motion superhuman reflexes of a house fly can control a mighty aeroplane you tiny puny houmaans with your simulators are only playing pilot-man but in reality you know nothing and can nothing because in real-life only a GOD can control an aircraft, you are nothing you know nothing you are literally worthless, don´t ever think you could control such a mighty machine because a simulator has nothing to do with real life, absolute nothing, a Cessna or an Airbus is so difficult to fly you sit there completely wet of sweat working on these controls with superhuman reflexes don´t you ever think just because you have a simulator you know anything about airplanes, only a god-tier human can control these machines after decades of experience, decades..."

(a god, oh and of course every 14year old American sitting the first time ever in a Cessna and landing it smooth and perfect on their first flight...) 😁

• Like 2

He fails to mention that aircraft behavior in the sim and joystick input are not real, so there's a tendency to overcontrol. 

Had postes it a few days ago

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/640680-pilot_obet-is-allways-a-lesson/

Love his youtubes...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

Cool.  Now try your smooth, slow, steady corrections with a gusting crosswind. 🤦‍♂️

20 hours ago, scotth6 said:

Cool.  Now try your smooth, slow, steady corrections with a gusting crosswind. 🤦‍♂️

I see he has offended a resident YouTube pilot... 

I have flown a lot in gusty crosswind conditions, and never have I been moving the yoke around like I see some Youtube/social media pilots (real and otherwise) do in their videos. You may need an occasional quick and strong reaction to the wind but afterwards it is slow and steady again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Prpn said:

I see he has offended a resident YouTube pilot... 

I enjoy some of the GA pilot videos which go over the operation of their aircraft.

However those airline pilots who like to offer up their opinions on all things aviation on YouTube are often referenced in the industry by a hand gesture, which I can’t find a matching emoji for.

There are some good ones though who certainly have my respect , but there’s an awful lot of self appointed experts out there.

edit to add , I’ve just watched the above video which made me laugh and I must point out  wasn’t referring to this particular gentleman in my comments, he seems a good guy.

Edited by jon b
  • Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, jon b said:

There are some good ones though who certainly have my respect , but there’s an awful lot of self appointed experts out there.

I always thought blancolirio was one of the stand outs. Learned a ton from his videos.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 1

Thank you, pilot_Obet for that thrilling and hair raising landing under the most trying of conditions!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

"Frantic," don't forget frantic! 😋

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator