Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

Active Sky review

1 hour ago, El Diablito said:

Thanks,Bob. You seem to have had a good few hours using the app at this point. Are you getting smooth transitions or sharp transitions same as myself? I'm struggling to work out how the transitions are happening so fast for me even when I lower the smoothing setting. What settings are you currently using?

I'm not Bob but here are my settings:
Download interval - 15 min
Smoothing rate - 25
Periodic theme reloads - 0 (off)
Cloning dep/arr weather - on

Very smooth transitions over circa 15 mins (from full overcast to clear or viceversa), I hardly ever notice something

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'm not Bob but here are my settings:
Download interval - 15 min
Smoothing rate - 25
Periodic theme reloads - 0 (off)
Cloning dep/arr weather - on

Very smooth transitions over circa 15 mins (from full overcast to clear or viceversa), I hardly ever notice something

I started with your smoothing rate of 25 and I noticed an almost instant change of sky on approach to KDEN. I tried 15 last night and got the same.

When you say "cloning -on" are you set at true or false in the prevent downloads option? I'm assuming "On" means you have the box checked?! Apologies for the confusion but you keep mentioning cloning even though this word does not appear anywhere in the app!! 😆

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

It's an option in the Latest Open Beta Update 8888.

• Like 1

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

47 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

I started with your smoothing rate of 25 and I noticed an almost instant change of sky on approach to KDEN. I tried 15 last night and got the same.

When you say "cloning -on" are you set at true or false in the prevent downloads option? I'm assuming "On" means you have the box checked?! Apologies for the confusion but you keep mentioning cloning even though this word does not appear anywhere in the app!! 😆

"Cloning" is box checked, yes. Should be in the latest update. "Prevent downloads" is box NOT checked.

19 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

"Cloning" is box checked, yes. Should be in the latest update. "Prevent downloads" is box NOT checked.

The latest stable downloaded from Simmarket is version 8883. I'll wait for the update as Cloning is not in this version. Cheers.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

5 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

The latest stable downloaded from Simmarket is version 8883. I'll wait for the update as Cloning is not in this version. Cheers.

That's no problem, because while not visible in the settings the cloning was actually default on in all previous versions 😉

Does anyone know what's going on over at the HiFi forum? The developer hasn't posted for 11 days now although he checks in every day.

Plenty of questions, bug reports have gone unanswered.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

39 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Does anyone know what's going on over at the HiFi forum? The developer hasn't posted for 11 days now although he checks in every day.

He was on the Beta sight last Friday.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Posted (edited)

He's probably prepping another build to release, I'm sure he's reading all the feedback.

Not worried...

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

3 hours ago, Baber20 said:

Haneda Airport. Low visibility depiction looks so realistic.

Can confirm Haneda has very low visibility currently. Cats and dogs!

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Big new update posting in the next 24 hrs.

https://forums.hifisimtech.com/threads/been-kind-of-quiet-here-lately.15125/#post-68469

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jwhak said:

It's out:

Thanks for the continued feedback! We have been focusing primarily on turbulence, along with some other reported issues with previous builds. This new build adds full cloud turbulence in-cloud detection for both Preset and Passive depiction modes as well as several other improvements and adjustments/fixes.

Update 052024 - B8906 (1.0.8906.36270)

•  New turbulence injection method for better normalization between different setups, aircraft and frame rates
  •  New turbulence unpredictability with calm and variable intensity states, for more realistic and organic experience
  •  New cloud turbulence with MSFS ambient in-cloud detection and cloud turbulence for all cloud types and coverages in both Preset and Passive modes
  •  Added new Bypass Proxy option (general) to attempt to allow users using VPN/proxy to bypass proxy server/network (default off) – updated documentation
  •  Reduced random light chop approximately 50% in general occurrence rate per feedback
  •  Reduced roll rotational effect in turbulence approximately 15% as per feedback
  •  Reduced yaw effect in turbulence approximately 20% as per feedback
  •  Adjusted turbulence effect for additional translational ("bump") effect strength and reduced rotational effect strength as per feedback
  •  Adjusted wake turbulence to normalize effect based on latest turbulence/air effects changes
  •  Adjusted surface turbulence to result in higher occurrence of turbulence overall when winds are > calm
  •  Adjusted visibility graduation to occur at higher altitudes (4000-9000ft agl vs. 0-3000ft agl)
  •  Prevented turbulence effect during paused/in-menu states (could cause strange effects and aircraft instability when unpausing)
  •  Removed sigmet/airmet outside-boundary "vicinity influence" to contain influence to within the specific boundaries defined only
  •  Reduced potential inter-sigmet/airmet turbulence occurrence (so less total area of defined sigmet area contains actual turbulence as described)
  •  Changed realism mode turbulence scale factor to 50 (vs 60), easy mode changed to 30 (vs 20) - updated documentation
  •  Fixed issue with Force Low Humidity in High Vis option where it would not properly disable/persist
  •  Fixed issue with improper Chinese language units conversions resulting in improper temps and wind speeds

I installed on top of the previous one, should be fine: 

Unless specified, all HiFi product updates are cumulative, meaning that you only need to install the latest update “over the top” of your existing version.  To install, simply click your update below and “open” the file when it has finished downloading.  Follow the prompts and/or manually extract the contents to a temporary directory, then run the included .exe file.

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

On 5/21/2024 at 2:36 AM, Cpt_Piett said:

It's out:

I installed on top of the previous one, should be fine: 

Isn't this the beta that has been out for weeks? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

52 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Isn't this the beta that has been out for weeks? 

no, new beta update released yesterday

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)