Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Chase Plane now available

As long as you have access to the Internet when launching and closing the application, you are good to go.

Not when  the Developer has decided he's had enough of Flightsim and moved on , what then ?

The cloud function needs to be optional. Anyone remember PSS, Dreamfleet, FlightZone, the list goes on.

Ok let's clarify here.

• Yes, presets are stored in the cloud exclusively and are not stored on the user's machine.
  • We will not change to a Subscription model for ChasePlane. You buy it, you have it.
  • Most people these days have access to a constant internet connection so this is not an issue. You only really need a connection when starting and shutting down ChasePlane.
  • This is designed to prevent data loss and also to prevent piracy of our software.
  • If we ever decide to go out of business, ChasePlane will be made available as an offline software to existing customers.
  • OldProp Solutions inc. does not plan on going out of business and using piracy protection like cloud storage is our way to assure that we, unlike the examples listed in the above post, stay in business.
  • Many other add-ons and services rely on an active Internet Connection: PFPX, Active Sky, OpusFSI (Weather), VATSIM etc...
  • If we want Community Features in this application, this is the only way we could efficiently do it.
  • We plan on having an offline solution so you wouldn't be left empty-handed in rare occasions where your computer would go offline.

I hope this answers many people's concerns!

• Upvote 3

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I do not have any concerns against the cloud - I use it alot and makes my live easier.

Still the last point you mentioned was worrying me:

We plan on having an offline solution so you wouldn't be left empty-handed in rare occasions where your computer would go offline.

So, yes, I hope it is possible if there's maybe a server takeout at my side or your side what simply happens from time to time.

(and remeber: germany is a third world land when it comes to internet technology ;) )

looking forward to ChasePlane!!!

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We plan on having an offline solution so you wouldn't be left empty-handed in rare occasions where your computer would go offline."

So, yes, I hope it is possible if there's maybe a server takeout at my side or your side what simply happens from time to time.

(and remeber: germany is a third world land when it comes to internet technology ;) )

+1

I do not have any concerns against the cloud - I use it alot and makes my live easier.

Same here otherwise it will be a no go here local. Always have the opportunity to use stuff local even if it's partial. (PFPX, AS16 etc all works partial local)

André

Not when  the Developer has decided he's had enough of Flightsim and moved on , what then ?

The cloud function needs to be optional. Anyone remember PSS, Dreamfleet, FlightZone, the list goes on.

Well, that's a problem with almost every addon, of course. Cloud or not. Almost all addons need an internet connection to validate the license. Just like P3D itself. Even if an addon saves its data locally it will become useless if you can't install it. And even if you could install it, the addon will probably become useless because it won't be updated to run with newer versions of the sim. PSS, Dreamfleet etc. did absolutely nothing in the cloud but are useless anyway by now.

Oh, the internet is down today for any of a million reasons, I will fly, but I can't use an add on I paid for...

If I cannot store everything on my PC and back it up with an external drive I will not buy it.

• Upvote 3

Aaron Tirrell

Ok let's clarify here.

• Yes, presets are stored in the cloud exclusively and are not stored on the user's machine.
  • We will not change to a Subscription model for ChasePlane. You buy it, you have it.
  • Most people these days have access to a constant internet connection so this is not an issue. You only really need a connection when starting and shutting down ChasePlane.
  • This is designed to prevent data loss and also to prevent piracy of our software.
  • If we ever decide to go out of business, ChasePlane will be made available as an offline software to existing customers.
  • OldProp Solutions inc. does not plan on going out of business and using piracy protection like cloud storage is our way to assure that we, unlike the examples listed in the above post, stay in business.
  • Many other add-ons and services rely on an active Internet Connection: PFPX, Active Sky, OpusFSI (Weather), VATSIM etc...
  • If we want Community Features in this application, this is the only way we could efficiently do it.
  • We plan on having an offline solution so you wouldn't be left empty-handed in rare occasions where your computer would go offline.

I hope this answers many people's concerns!

No offence, but this will probably result in many people not using your new product. If I cannot use a weather program, because my internet is temporarily down, that is not a real problem because I can still fly using the built in weather from the sim. If I lose my camera positions, because you are making it impossible for me to store them on my computer, that I won't be able to fly. That is something I will never agree to. My way of thinking is that it would be beyond simple to have a backup of the camera settings in a data file in your program which you could always export to the cloud when shutting the program down at the end of the flight. In my opinion, having to load the settings before the flight is something that will keep me as an EZdok user. I own Ezdok, it works, and nobody can shut it off for any reason. 

• Upvote 6

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

No offence, but this will probably result in many people not using your new product. If I cannot use a weather program, because my internet is temporarily down, that is not a real problem because I can still fly using the built in weather from the sim. If I lose my camera positions, because you are making it impossible for me to store them on my computer, that I won't be able to fly. That is something I will never agree to. My way of thinking is that it would be beyond simple to have a backup of the camera settings in a data file in your program which you could always export to the cloud when shutting the program down at the end of the flight. In my opinion, having to load the settings before the flight is something that will keep me as an EZdok user. I own Ezdok, it works, and nobody can shut it off for any reason.

Well said, I totally agree. I was looking forward to this add on, but now I will defenitly NOT be buying because of this one feature.

• Upvote 3

Me neither.

• Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

This is designed to prevent data loss and also to prevent piracy of our software.

Oki, this is understandable and make sense.
But what about local storage and once a week (or so) online license checking.
This way it still can be used (for a week) when no internet connection, after that application can not be used anymore.

This gives you same piracy protection.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I cannot believe that a little add on like a camera viewer for a flight simulator needs to be subjected to an online verification EVERY time you use it. What happens if you suffer an outrage or server problems at the other end? You don't get to use what you paid for. 

I for one would not touch anything with an online verification every time you use it.

I can understand their concerns re piracy but surely there are better ways of dealing with it than this. 

As for data loss, well why not export the data file to a local drive?

They have lost me. And anyone else who writes about Chase plane will be reminded by me that this is virtually crippleware.

• Upvote 4

I need an internet connection to make my OpusFSI work. I need an internet connection to get AS16 real weather downloaded. Yet I have never had a problem doing either.

I can't understand all the unnecessary angst. If you live in the USA or Europe, continuous internet connectivity is hardly a technology shortcoming.

• Upvote 1

I need an internet connection to make my OpusFSI work. I need an internet connection to get AS16 real weather downloaded. Yet I have never had a problem doing either.

I have used saved weather and not been online with both of these apps. But with Chase he's saying if you can't get on line you can't use it. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

So  all  you guys  complaining   must have  dodgey interent  connections, I would be looking  at  a better  connection or  isp

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg