Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

AS Next available now

Turbulence in fsx set to off, in accufeel default for 737-800 and in as full. The rumbling sound during cloud turbulence is the difference. Warning - it is creepy!;) during normal wind turbulence much quieter.

ASN controls the weather completely, it doesn't matter whether you have turbulence on or not in the FSX settings menus, ASN will still enable it as required, so in fact you may not be seeing effects from other addons but rather ASN's effects.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Andy.

Just did a very quick flight around London Ontario during a snow storm.   A few observations.

- Cloud coverage was very accurate, a few blue holes but that was what the real weather was at the time.

- Snow starting and stopping as you approached and went into the clouds, then stopping as you came out.

- Finally FSX is not on rails, some real turbulence as you fly through the clouds.

- Really like the interface for the most part, although I did like the old weather summary screen in AS2012.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Quick question to everyone:

- Do you have FSX in-sim turbulence DISABLED or ENABLED?

Thank you.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I am using Opus at the moment. Is it possible to use Opus live camera with ASN ? I never got EZDOK to work with the latest TrackIR software update. So Opus it is for me at the moment.

Stupid of me just found the demo. So will try for myself

It is possible...I'm using Opus Live Camera with ASN without issue. TrackIR is running through Opus as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quick question to everyone:

- Do you have FSX in-sim turbulence DISABLED or ENABLED?

Thank you.

Doesn't matter as ASN completely bypasses these FSX weather settings. During beta testing, I found no difference with FSX turbulence enabled or disabled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Thanks Wayne, that was exactly my point and doubt at the same time ^_^

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Did some flying around FSIA with a some rather bad thunderstorm going on right now, I'm very impressed. 

With AS2012 I could just fly around Seychelles in very bad weather with A2A C172 without any trouble, now I stalled soon after takeoff, finally there's a reason to pay attention on weather. I love the challenge ASN gives to airliner flying also... 

Flying over desert mountains right now, really like the turbulence but it might be a little much. Maybe 50% too powerful.

Now if they would work with PMDG to add weather radar to the 737NGX and 777X that would make fsx perfect.

ASN sounds interesting!

Hate to ask a Noob Question, but could someone give me a rundown as to how ASN and REX textures work together? Do I start REX-E, Disable the WX engine, and then start ASN?

Thanks!

B.

Hate to ask a Noob Question, but could someone give me a rundown as to how ASN and REX textures work together?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/428682-as-next-available-now/?p=2876330

Do I start REX-E, Disable the WX engine, and then start ASN?

No need tun REX at all as long as you do not want to change textures.

If so, run REX, change textures, close REX, run ASN and FSX

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone else confirm they see what I see in this situation:

Searched last night for some low vis weather and found some in Norway...loaded my flight up at ENSN in 400 mtr visibility and the fog effect swirling and moving looked fab.

However, I use Ultimate Traffic 2, and thought I'd have a look at what the weather looked like from above using the view air traffic option in fsx....aircraft at 35000ft were also in 400mtr visibility which seemed wierd!!!

I took off and got up to about 4000 ft and above the fog and out of the low vis...again the cloud deck looked fab...but all other aircraft (I.e. those at 35000ft) now had the same vis as me which again was wierd.

I then slewed back down into the soup and all other aircraft again had my reduced vis again!!

In essence, all ai aircraft seemed to be flying in the same weather as me!!

Does ASN intoduce a "global weather" of a sort where every other ai aircraft will experience the same weather as you regardless of height/location etc??

Regards

Steve

Can anyone else confirm they see what I see in this situation:

Searched last night for some low vis weather and found some in Norway...loaded my flight up at ENSN in 400 mtr visibility and the fog effect swirling and moving looked fab.

However, I use Ultimate Traffic 2, and thought I'd have a look at what the weather looked like from above using the view air traffic option in fsx....aircraft at 35000ft were also in 400mtr visibility which seemed wierd!!!

I took off and got up to about 4000 ft and above the fog and out of the low vis...again the cloud deck looked fab...but all other aircraft (I.e. those at 35000ft) now had the same vis as me which again was wierd.

I then slewed back down into the soup and all other aircraft again had my reduced vis again!!

Does ASN intoduce a "global weather" of a sort where every other ai aircraft will experience the same weather as you regardless of height/location etc??

Regards

Steve

I've not got a definitive answer here as I don't know for sure, but I don't think ASN was ever designed with your scenario in mind. The weather is built to look the best from the users aircraft viewpoint and not from an AI viewpoint several miles away.

Cheers, Andy.

Imagine the kind of computer you need to calculate the whole world weather? ;)

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

It is possible...I'm using Opus Live Camera with ASN without issue. TrackIR is running through Opus as well

Thank you. Lets see if ASN can pull me away from Opus......

Flying over desert mountains right now, really like the turbulence but it might be a little much. Maybe 50% too powerful.

Pretty much everything turbulence related is easily adjustable, including maximum updraft and downdraft rates.  Look in "Settings" under both "Cloud" and "Wind" options.

BTW, I'll echo what others have mentioned - the menus and settings options are clean and easy to use.  Defaults pretty much get you going, and all settings have defaults listed for reference.

Yes, as you can tell I'm pretty juiced about this so far.

Scott