Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

FSX Steam Released! (80% off sale?)

Typical, state the facts and the smart-aleks have to pour on the sarcasm.

Just trying to help those who don't know any better, but whatever.

Looking forward to the 1000 posts of, "addon __________ won't work with FSX SE! What do I do?!?"

You're beating that horse pretty hard :t0152: You may be right but probably best to wait and see.

Typical, state the facts and the smart-aleks have to pour on the sarcasm.

Just trying to help those who don't know any better, but whatever.

Looking forward to the 1000 posts of, "addon __________ won't work with FSX SE! What do I do?!?"

It is better if you have actually downloaded it already and are actively working on solutions rather then just stating claims based on your "...years of experience with installers."

There are always ways around things

Matthew Kane

Just bought it - I don´t have Acceleration pack and it is useful for carrier landings. Didn´t install it though. It requests the installation and then run SteamSetup.exe.

I believe this is required to download. But is this Steam application free of trouble? For example, is it always connected or can we have a good control of it? 

Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo

Grabbed  a digital copy and will maybe install next week

ZORAN

Is there a requirement for Internet connectivity when running the FSX SE app?

Bert

Just bought it - I don´t have Acceleration pack and it is useful for carrier landings. Didn´t install it though. It requests the installation and then run SteamSetup.exe.

I believe this is required to download. But is this Steam application free of trouble? For example, is it always connected or can we have a good control of it? 

Thanks

Thanks

You need it to download and install but it's not always connected and really couldn't be any less troublesome. Put your mind at ease.

I take it if we add FSX:Boxed to our steam directory we can't access the new Steam multiplayer?

Nevertheless might as well buy it for £3.99

It is better if you have actually downloaded it already and are actively working on solutions rather then just stating claims based on your "...years of experience with installers."There are always ways around things

Forgot about the community enforced speech code of fluff and assumption before fact, my bad.

Best of luck to all the early adopters, I'll be joining in when I get back home from my work trip to see what all the hubub is about.

Something to consider is if there are enough buyers and users of the SE, addon devs will need to update their installers to jump on the revenue stream. There, is that positive enough for y'all?

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

People on steam community is saying that fsuipc and pmdg don´t work for now. But, it´s just comments. Not confirmed.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I really don´t think for the most part of addons will need new installers. The installer will find FSX in registry. The problem is only when you have 2 FSX installed. The old and the steam version.

One has to specify the precise Registry entry when searching, so no installers will not automatically find just any old "FSX" that's installed, e.g.:

ReadRegStr $INSTDIR HKLM "Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\flight simulator\10.0" SetupPath

Note that the above is searching for the "SetupPath" for the specific Registry HKLM entry for the MS version of "10.0"...

I'll need to install the Steam version to determine what Registry key to search for, then add that as an option when creating new installers for all our products.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

People on steam community is saying that fsuipc and pmdg don´t work for now. But, it´s just comments. Not confirmed.

Not surprised about PMDG, as RSR didn't sound to optimistic when I asked him. If FSUIPC doesn't work, then that will leave many addons out. Peter Dowson is pretty responsive, so that will probably be resolved in a timely matter.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I take it if we add FSX:Boxed to our steam directory we can't access the new Steam multiplayer?

Nevertheless might as well buy it for £3.99

As there are code changes to add the Steam multiplayer, just moving an existing FSX copy over won't do much.

Will probably get a license for good measure, as I lost my discs ages ago and only have an ISO backup, but I don't see any need to install for now.

sig01.png

How do you buy a copy to store for later?  Seems like all my Steam purchases starting downloading & installing immediately after payment. 

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.