Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

2.5 is Out

It was mentioned that the terrain.cfg is now located in C:\Users\ME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2.

It does not exist, at least for me. 

Bob

I found the terrain.cfg. It is under C:\Users\AllUsers\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2.

I was looking in c:\users\Bob

Bob

Anyone else running ASN on a networked PC?

It was working perfectly on 2.4 and now I am getting the "Activesky cannot control the ambient error" message within the first 30 seconds or so

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Anyone else running ASN on a networked PC?

It was working perfectly on 2.4 and now I am getting the "Activesky cannot control the ambient error" message within the first 30 seconds or so

Richard

ASN requires an update from the developer to be compatible with P3Dv2.5 - patience!

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

ASN requires an update from the developer to be compatible with P3Dv2.5 - patience!

Thanks Gordon,

I did wonder if that was the case.

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

It was mentioned that the terrain.cfg is now located in C:\Users\ME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2.

It does not exist, at least for me. 

Bob

I found the terrain.cfg. It is under C:\Users\AllUsers\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2.

I was looking in c:\users\Bob

Bob

My terrain.cfg is in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

I installed 2.5 over 2.4 without any problem. My all addons and FTXGlobal/Vector appeared in new version 2.5.

Now here is the BIG QUESTION,  Did I make mistake installing 2,5 over 2.4? I thought some reason I don't need uninstall 2.4 before installing 2.5. 

Version  2.5 will  automatically will remove 2.4 and install clean 2.5?? Where did I got this IDEA? :h0134:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

No, the confusion now is that we do not know what this need and that we do not know which is correct.

Oh for pete's sake - try each setting and see what happens. The CORRECT one is the one YOU like not the one Rob likes!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

My terrain.cfg is in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

Yes, it is there too as I just looked and it has the ORBX PNW data that I just installed. 

So, it is getting propagated to the ProgramData directory automatically. I only copied it from ALLUSERS directory  to the P3D main directory only and it works fine.

Bob

Oh for pete's sake - try each setting and see what happens. The CORRECT one is the one YOU like not the one Rob likes!

Vic

++++1. This is beginning to wear thin.

My all addons and FTXGlobal/Vector appeared in new version 2.5.

Then I doubt that 2.5 has installed at all, because it would have overwritten /Scenery/World/Scenery folder

That alone would have destroyed your FTX Global textures and Vector would also not be in 2.5's Scenery.cfg

Are the stutters gone for the average user?

I just installed 2.5 and run it completely vanilla, no tweaks, addons or anything. I get significant stutters regardless of ingame settings. However I might be an extreme case, some part(s) of my hardware just hates P3D it seems. I will try different tweaks when I get in the mood for it. 

It loads faster than before though. 

That's the nature of the virtual simmer with new toys lol

Boy ain't that the truth. We get a shiny new Nissan  pickup truck then complain because it won't haul 35 tonnes of coal... :Shocked:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I can say that the shimmering has increased?

Is that a statement or a question?

Ryan