Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

2.5 is Out

Just installed P3D2.5, no sceneries, just plain....I decided to have a look at Scenery library in the P3D menu and I got a host of error messages. This is with no sceneries added yet, just Vanilla installation...anybody else got these errors?

It reads : Scenery.cfg file error: Failed to add library iteam Area.002 (it goes all the way to aread 168 I think).

Next line reads "An entry already exists with the path"

P3D rocks.

I'd like to thank Rob for all he does, not only to help betatest the sim, but much more for keeping us in the loop about what happens and what's to come.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Just installed P3D2.5, no sceneries, just plain....I decided to have a look at Scenery library in the P3D menu and I got a host of error messages. This is with no sceneries added yet, just Vanilla installation...anybody else got these errors?

It reads : Scenery.cfg file error: Failed to add library iteam Area.002 (it goes all the way to aread 168 I think).

Thanks goodness I'm not the only one!  I got the same thing.  After exiting it wiped my entire scenery.cfg except for a single entry completely ruining the installation.  I had to repair the installation to get it back to it's original state, I'm certainly not looking at the scenery library again...

Anyone else get this too?  It's a pretty huge flaw since for me it destroyed the entire cfg file for no good reason.

Thanks goodness I'm not the only one!  I got the same thing.  After exiting it wiped my entire scenery.cfg except for a single entry completely ruining the installation.  I had to repair the installation to get it back to it's original state, I'm certainly not looking at the scenery library again...

Anyone else get this too?  It's a pretty huge flaw since for me it destroyed the entire cfg file for no good reason.

Thanks for the information.

This evening I try and, if it is a common issue, I reinstall the 2.4 before installing the various addons in 2.5.

Just checked, no issues at all here. I completely wiped any P3D folder before installing 2.5 if that can help...

VAS issues aplenty in V 2.5.  My 777ER had an OOM event about 10 hrs into a 17 hr flight in testing.  My setup is Vanila p3D with all settings at default (Although I did set airport buildings to Dense).  I installed FSDT for the origin airport and a T2Gate airport for the destination.  No AI or 3rd party textures of any kind.  I was using AS2012 for weather. 

Generally I was pleased with p3D 2.5, but the long haul remains ellusive.  I suppose I will need to wait for the 64bit version and obviously keep an eye on Dovetail with the FSX franchise.

Ryan Kelly

I installed FSGlobal 2010 with the installer for P3D, I opened the scenery library and ... have disappeared all areas except one !!!

Yes the FSGlobal 2010 installer adds a line to each entry "Remote=" which seems to screw up the library parser.

You can use the Replace function in Notepad to remove them all.

Erm, saying your install is 'vanilla' and then listing off 1 add-on aircraft, 2 add-on airports and a weather engine is a bit of an oxymoron.

Question for those who have already installed V2.5.  Can V2.5 be installed in a specified drive or must it be installed on the C: drive?  I much prefer to install it on a non-system drive.

Thanks

Danny

Danny

Can V2.5 be installed in a specified drive or must it be installed on the C: drive?

Any drive.  If you have UAC enabled you may want to install it on a different drive other than C:

Cheers, Rob.

Just installed P3D2.5, no sceneries, just plain....I decided to have a look at Scenery library in the P3D menu and I got a host of error messages.

Sound like you didn't wipe P3D v2.x (checking that all 5 folders are deleted) prior to installing P3D v2.5.

Cheers, Rob.

Sound like you didn't wipe P3D v2.x (checking that all 5 folders are deleted) prior to installing P3D v2.5.

Cheers, Rob.

I sometimes simply copy then rename the old folders to ****past and that allows me to keep all content old info I might want later

that is except for the main P3D which is too large

VAS issues aplenty in V 2.5.  My 777ER had an OOM event about 10 hrs into a 17 hr flight in testing.  My setup is Vanila p3D with all settings at default (Although I did set airport buildings to Dense).  I installed FSDT for the origin airport and a T2Gate airport for the destination.  No AI or 3rd party textures of any kind.  I was using AS2012 for weather. 

Generally I was pleased with p3D 2.5, but the long haul remains ellusive.  I suppose I will need to wait for the 64bit version and obviously keep an eye on Dovetail with the FSX franchise.

I personally do not believe DoveTail will do anything based on the existing agreement. Actually they are just borrowing it from what I understand. Maybe something has changed since I read the original licensing, so maybe I am wrong.

Bob

Yes the FSGlobal 2010 installer adds a line to each entry "Remote=" which seems to screw up the library parser.

You can use the Replace function in Notepad to remove them all.

Thanks!!! Works!!!

I personally do not believe DoveTail will do anything based on the existing agreement. Actually they are just borrowing it from what I understand. Maybe something has changed since I read the original licensing, so maybe I am wrong.

They made it a lot more efficient, both performance-wise and VAS usage, and they fixed bugs, and they are still fixing them! The only real license restriction I read is that they cannot add new facilities or make any significant product changes -- i.e making it effectively NOT FSX any more.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen