Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DJJose

A Very Nice Add-on Is Coming Our Way

OMG it's ORBX though didn't you know??

Greg Montey

"Because with great power, comes great responsitriligence..."

I know nothing about GEX since I have alot of ORBX. I'm very excited about this and you say within hours ? Any idea how much ?

Looks like it might work with default scenery since the Orbx product blurb states "The best part is that FTX Trees HD is a worldwide texture upgrade, and doesn't require any other ORBX products!".

Ernest Pergrem

I know nothing about GEX since I have alot of ORBX. I'm very excited about this and you say within hours ? Any idea how much ?

I think it's only gonna be $10

Looks like it might work with default scenery since the Orbx product blurb states "The best part is that FTX Trees HD is a worldwide texture upgrade, and doesn't require any other ORBX products!".

That's correct

I think it's only gonna be $10

That's correct

$10 is a steal. I thought it was going to be 10 per region. I will purchase at some point.  :BigGrin:

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

No good for me as I only fly over payware scenery, mostly GenX VFR so whats the point? Autogen is the single most realism killer within FS, IMO.

Nobody, and I mean nobody fly's 'low and slow' over default scenery.

Keith Sandford.

$10 is a steal. I thought it was going to be 10 per region. I will purchase at some point.  :BigGrin:

try $22

ZORAN

No uninstall instructions in the manual and FTX Central v2 has no "switch" for reverting to your former tree textures. (Non-ORBX trees that is. You can switch between HD trees and former FTX trees, though.)

Has anyone found any statements concerning the uninstall procedure in the ORBX forum? Would I need a manual backup of my current, non-ORBX trees?

What happened to AVSIM

Nice, but GEX did this long ago :-)

I didn't know GEX replaced all the tree textures. I thought it was just ground textures. I've run GEX since it came out and didn't notice any difference in the trees after installing it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I didn't know GEX replaced all the tree textures. I thought it was just ground textures. I've run GEX since it came out and didn't notice any difference in the trees after installing it.

As far as I know, it only corrects the placement of trees. Not a replacement.

System: X-PLANE 11.40, P3D 4.5, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Logitech X56 Hotas Stick and Throttle, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels

This is a world completely different from GEX, this is high quality stuff as ORBX usually does.

Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4GHz · 16GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15 · nVidia GTX1080Ti · Gigabyte x570i WiFi PRO · Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2 SATA · BenQ Designer PD3200Q VA 32" QHD · NZXT H210i · Fully Watercooled · Seasonic Core 650W 80+ GOLD

38.jpg

This is a world completely different from GEX, this is high quality stuff as ORBX usually does.

Agreed, I used GEX in the past and the trees look nothing like the orbx HD pics. guess we will see soon enough

ZORAN

No uninstall instructions in the manual and FTX Central v2 has no "switch" for reverting to your former tree textures. (Non-ORBX trees that is. You can switch between HD trees and former FTX trees, though.)

Has anyone found any statements concerning the uninstall procedure in the ORBX forum? Would I need a manual backup of my current, non-ORBX trees?

Why not just do it....it's always a great time for a full System Image recovery to be made. Do that, before any major change to your system...and like Dorthy, there is always a way back from Oz....

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

21%
    $5,415.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now