Sign in to follow this  
Avgeek09

Should i keep X-Plane 11

Yup, I trained in a hot air balloon and then was qualified to fly a B-17 bomber in WW2 (only kidding).

Xplane is pretty good as I noted prior, just needs a lot of mods. IT does lack the excitement and thrills of MSFS, but it can be better as a training tool in some ways.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

11 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Why not to just keep both if you have space? 

Why?

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

They are all different sims with different feel and in different eras of aviation.

No new sim replaces an older sim. 

Either you enjoy XP11 alongside MSFS or you don't.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Not an XPLane user, but I can't see myself going back to P3D. It's like going back from enjoying a Filet Mignon to chewing on  a soggy pork chop from the local diner. 

• Like 3

Absolutely yes, it has incredible planes that Fs2020 has not and maybe never will has, and in VR is still some steps forward. I am in X-Plane again after some months in FS2020.

• Like 6

I built a new machine for MSFS and i haven't bothered reinstalling X-Plane since firing up this sim for the first time.   

It was obvious in no time at all that MSFS is the future and just as i did with FSX when XP11 arrived on the scene i decided that despite all the time and money invested in the previous platform there was no going back. 

There's not enough hours in the day for one sim let alone more!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The_Moose said:

I built a new machine for MSFS and i haven't bothered reinstalling X-Plane since firing up this sim for the first time.   

It was obvious in no time at all that MSFS is the future and just as i did with FSX when XP11 arrived on the scene i decided that despite all the time and money invested in the previous platform there was no going back. 

There's not enough hours in the day for one sim let alone more!

For me there's not enough hours in a day for a game that CTDs too often.  3rd time re-installing, vfr flights seem ok, fingers crossed.  I also built a new machine just for FS2020, 2 weeks later I bought XP11.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Not an XPLane user, but I can't see myself going back to P3D. It's like going back from enjoying a Filet Mignon to chewing on  a soggy pork chop from the local diner. 

More like a salty Filet Mignon or one missing some Sazon. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Why can't you use both heck buy P3D v5 they have the most accurate aircraft in flight sim with the offerings of FS Labs, PMDG, and for GA the A2A products.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

More like a salty Filet Mignon or one missing some Sazon. 😀

Still better than a soggy pork chop 😉 

MSFS can be used offline, but the visuals won’t look as good as XP11 with orthos. However, it has more up to date autogen placement.

Both sims have strengths and weaknesses.

Don’t understand why people are in such a rush to delete sims, disk space isn’t that expensive anymore.

I would remove it, after using MSFS, I cannot go back to FSX, P3D or X-Plane 11 anymore. It gave me a ton of space back, and I don't have to worry about spending more money keeping up with multiple platforms anymore.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

15 hours ago, captain420 said:

I would remove it, after using MSFS, I cannot go back to FSX, P3D or X-Plane 11 anymore. It gave me a ton of space back, and I don't have to worry about spending more money keeping up with multiple platforms anymore.

No need to spend any money on the old sims. If the space is available he can keep both. XP11 for example has some excellent jets like the Zibo and when flying those the external visuals dont matter THAT much when most of the time is spent tootling along at FL 380

Last 5 days I have been forced to return to my old PC and P3D which I flew for years. My new PC was shipped to the manufacturer to troubleshoot a driver timeout problem with an amd that makes MSFS 2020 unflyable. 

The upside of flying P3D, is not one crash or hiccup in about 12 hours of flying the A2A Comanche and C 182. You start a flight, takeoff, land and end of flight, like clockwork. No worries about CTDs, screen freezes, or anything, it just works. The Flight 1 GTN 750 works great too. 

The downside, it is beyond boring flying over the scenery which looks like 3D scenery that has been run over by a steam roller, flat, dull,  and repetitive. I don't see how I flew this sim for years and years without going bonkers. Will I ever go back to it, no way. Once you see how MSFS 2020 looks, there is no going back, at least for me. The other downside is I don't have Avliasoft EFB on this computer either, because i uninstalled it when I moved to the new PC. Flying without EFB is a real bummer, once you are used to it. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310