Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix Version 1.0.2.104, released on 2022-06-01

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

You seems your not allowing for that it’s only 2-3 weeks old and from a new developer and not one that’s had around close to 10 years of work in it.

Did you really expect it to be better than the FSL after the 10 years them boys have put in. This is 2 years and only release 2-3 weeks ago.

Disappointing is not a word I would use. I also have a few 1,000 hours in the FSL

trouble is  dave  I pretty  sure  Darren is  a rw  bus  driver  could  be  mistaken  so  i think  he  should  know  what he talking  about

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, DEHowie said:

Its a long long way from nailing anything. Just have a look at the post take off pitch attitudes then compare them to FCOM's 15 degrees. Its the tip of a massive iceberg of issues.

this after 5 flights its become apparent there is something not right w this logic. it should hold pitch attitude and trim to maintain, instead im hand flying and putting in way too many corrections, even the FBW has this logic modeled much better. BTW im not IRL A320 pilot!  any IRL a320 pilots wanna chime in? 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Interesting you say that. I had a strong crosswind during my last landing yesterday and it would trim the ailerons and spoilers in such a way that I only corrected once. I could see the spoilers were raised on one side and stayed that way without any stick input so I could play around with the pitch as I was lowering flaps. For pitch I only corrected once and it would hold the attitude, even in bumpy conditions. 

Edited by Makinen11

I have just bought the Fenix (PayPaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!) but I've yet to install and fly it (won't be able to do so until this evening: it's morning over here). Question: what exactly is the difference between the new lower res cockpit textures and the high res ones? I fly at 1440p: will I see a difference? Are they mainly more suited for 4K? Do they contain less detail? Will I see ANY difference on a 1440p monitor? YES, I KNOW, I can give it all a try this evening but I am just (too) curious. 😉

10 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I fly at 1440p: will I see a difference?

Nope, I can't see any difference and I am using 1440p monitor

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

enlighten me, remind 3 things the fenix has (or is more superior than)  that the  fslabs doesnt.  This way i can then give you 20 things the fslabs has that fenix does not.

Look ill give you its a alright addon, and at a decent price.  but if you put it up against the fslabs,  its again a Ford Focus up against a Ferrai type scenerio 

Now, excuse me if you personally know more than I about the user but the man said it's the best aircraft he has personally ever flown in a flight sim. Could you please elaborate where does FS labs (or any other product) come into picture here?

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

trouble is  dave  I pretty  sure  Darren is  a rw  bus  driver  could  be  mistaken  so  i think  he  should  know  what he talking  about

Am sure he is and am sure the FSL is still the best and polished version of an A320.

I hope so it’s like 10 years in development.

It took 7 years for it to release. Jumping down on Fenix at this stage not best.

Disappointed at Fenix at this stage is harsh imo. Constructive criticism is fine to help it grow, but I feel they have a lot of IRL pilots and a list as long as your arm to work through. We are only a few weeks on from release and had two updates already, but it’s never enough for some.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

39 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Nope, I can't see any difference and I am using 1440p monitor

Thx, good to know, then I will start with the new lower res textures. If performance is totally superb and awesome I might give the high res textures a try but imho it's better to start with the lower res ones or they might disappoint me after using the high res one first. 😉

52 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I have just bought the Fenix (PayPaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!) but I've yet to install and fly it (won't be able to do so until this evening: it's morning over here). Question: what exactly is the difference between the new lower res cockpit textures and the high res ones? I fly at 1440p: will I see a difference? Are they mainly more suited for 4K? Do they contain less detail? Will I see ANY difference on a 1440p monitor? YES, I KNOW, I can give it all a try this evening but I am just (too) curious. 😉

The difference is:

- High Res is 8k

- Default Res is now 4k and on a 1440p Monitor,or even a 4k monitor, you not see any difference (just by extremely zooming in at 4k maybe small differences, but I can´t see them....

This is a great decision to let us users choose what to use. I fly in VR, so with 4k now. Even on my 4k screen it looks stunning!

BTW: I like the smoothnes....absolutely stutter free at my end (10900k at 5GhZ and 3090 RTX, 32GB MEM all on normal SSD)

Marcus

• Like 4

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, wiler said:

this after 5 flights its become apparent there is something not right w this logic. it should hold pitch attitude and trim to maintain, instead im hand flying and putting in way too many corrections, even the FBW has this logic modeled much better. BTW im not IRL A320 pilot!  any IRL a320 pilots wanna chime in? 

The FBW is a neo which has pitch rate rotation law. The Fenix is a ceo which uses direct law.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Disappointed at Fenix at this stage is harsh imo. Constructive criticism is fine to help it grow, but I feel they have a lot of IRL pilots and a list as long as your arm to work through. We are only a few weeks on from release and had two updates already, but it’s never enough for some.

To each their own of course. But 320SimPilot has nothing but praise for the Fenix. And he goes quite in depth with his reasoning too. Sure, there's been some things here and there that he's discovered that he will report back to the Fenix team. 

For a layman like me that has never been in a 320 cockpit, I'm having a blast! It's probably the best aircraft I've ever used in a sim during my 20+ years of simming. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 11

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, wiler said:

I don't understand why a couple of real world A 320 pilots have 2-3 hour long Youtube videos, and have almost nothing bad too say about the Fenix.  

• Like 9

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

enlighten me, remind 3 things the fenix has (or is more superior than)  that the  fslabs doesnt.  This way i can then give you 20 things the fslabs has that fenix does not.

Look ill give you its a alright addon, and at a decent price.  but if you put it up against the fslabs,  its again a Ford Focus up against a Ferrai type scenerio 

So may I ask how many failures does the FSLabs A320 simulate?  Just curious.

Because here is a list of failures simulated by the Fenix A320, and it's from last year in July of 2021: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JwZrmfKGZD2wKEqpKidqEqiOqYvALH5D/view

It's possible the Fenix team may have added even more failures since July of last year.  Anyways, I am curious about the list of failures simulated by the FSLabs A320.  Does it match the list of Fenix failures? Or are there less failures by FSLabs?  (it's very odd, that I cannot find the list of failures simulated by the FSLabs A320... ...)

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I don't understand why a couple of real world A 320 pilots have 2-3 hour long Youtube videos, and have almost nothing bad too say about the Fenix.  

To br fair ive watched these real pilots streams, to use v1 as an example he spends more time flying the plane from the passenger seat than the cockpit so if a few hard to notice things like pitch attitude on takeoff were off by a few degrees i doubt he would even notice.  Until someone like Emmanuel (737ngdriver) says its the best i don't hold mych value in what these other streamers say about it.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

1 minute ago, Pilot53 said:

Until someone like Emmanuel (737ngdriver) says its the best i don't hold mych value in what these other streamers say about it.

Since he is on the PMDG tech team I hardly think you will hear him say that - no matter how good it is.

• Like 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //