Sign in to follow this  
voodoo101

Will you buy the 300?

I will buy the 300ER as soon as possible. It is the most beautiful aircraft in the world for me ^_^

I was just wondering how many people will buy the 300 and what the main reason was. What extra does the 300 give you that the 200 doesn't? Is it just because it's another PMDG aircraft in your virtual hanger or does it actually provide you with a extra long hauler? Is it because certain real life airlines fly the 300 not the 200 and you don't like the fictional paints.

I don't think I will be buying it as I already have regional flyer, a mid range European holiday destination flyer and with the PMDG 777, something to cross the Atlantic for my Disney holiday. I don't mind the fictional thing as I have already painted my airlines with a fictional paint scheme. I will be buying the 747v2 though when it is released, just because I love the jumbo.  

of course I will, why do you ask  :P

One of the things that PMDG managed to do so well, in my opinion, is capture the 'bigness' of the 777.  For that reason, I'm curious to find out what even BIGGER bigness is like, so the 300 is definitely on the 'to buy' list.

Richard P. Kelly

DEFINITELY gonna buy it . cant wait !! btw to all who say that it doesn't appeal to them . believe me guys you're gonna get it . its PMDG , how can someone resist a brand new plane from PMDG  :P

Guessing prices is tricky but I bet US$50.

I don't think it ill be that high. As RSR stated, it will be similar to the ngx expansion. The ngx expansion was like 30 something $

I'm happy with the 772, I don't really see what the 300 expansion pack will offer me in terms of improving the simulation that makes it worth paying extra money for.

So I don't quite think I'll get it. For now. Just awaiting SP1 at this point (and the 747-400v2, though that's far off).

Thanks for everybody's opinions. It seems like there are some die hard PMDG fans that will buy the aircraft just because it is PMDG. Some that will buy it for realism.

Now, for those of you who will buy it, what will happen to your 200, will it be grounded in favour of the 300? Is there anybody who bought the 600/700 for the NGX and either never use them, or never use the 800/900?

By the way, I'm just trying to keep people busy so we don't get the "When will it be released?" post.

I switch between all my ngx variants and I plan to do he same for the 777. I have the jetstream but gave up on flying it (too much trouble for me). The 747 hasn't left my hanger in months almost years. I think it will most likely be grounded by the -300er due to similar mission/class size and the 777 is waaay easier to fly.

Disclaimer:

I won't have to buy it because I helped with the beta, but I still feel like I might be able to answer your questions from the perspective of "if I did have to buy it, it would be because..."

What extra does the 300 give you that the 200 doesn't?

Extra length, and the aircraft type in general.  See below:

Is it just because it's another PMDG aircraft in your virtual hanger or does it actually provide you with a extra long hauler?

Yes, and yes.  There's a certain amount of "it's PMDG, so I trust it, which means I'll probably like it.  It also allows me to have an extra aircraft type, which has importance enumerated below:

Is it because certain real life airlines fly the 300 not the 200 and you don't like the fictional paints.

Bingo.  I just finished an epic trip using the NGX, 777LR/F and MJC Dash 8.  Even though some of those flights were on the same airline my dad flew on his recent trip of the same legs, I did utilize other airlines so that I could use the 300ER instead (his main flights were UAL, which is all 200ERs).  I don't usually do fictional liveries.  Kinda ruins it for me.

Now, for those of you who will buy it, what will happen to your 200, will it be grounded in favour of the 300? Is there anybody who bought the 600/700 for the NGX and either never use them, or never use the 800/900?

Nope!  It will just be used in tandem.  Really, it only adds route options and route pairs for me.  I don't understand those who just stop using certain planes in favor newer ones, simply because they're newer (unless it's like the MD11 where you look at it and the poor thing just seems dated by now).  When I added the 800/900 to my fleet, I just opened up more flight and route options for myself.  I use the 700 and 800 pretty equally, and the 900 opened up some UAL and ASA routes.  Similarly, the 300 opened up a TON of routes for me, because more real world operators use it.

Then again, the 200F - being cargo - allows just about everything by justifying an ad hoc freight lift.  There's a lot more of that than there is passenger charter, I'd imagine (though I could be terribly wrong here).

Kyle Rodgers

Existing on pension credit, I cannot really see any point of having the -300 as well as the 200LR.

I do fly the 200 and ALL of the NGX's.

I am greatly looking forward to the 744.v.2 though.

A point to consider is to get the most out of what you have got instead of having aircraft that you never or hardly use.  Time, for most people decrees just that.

Dave Taylor gb.png

uh....YES!!!!!

Doug :rolleyes:

Uh.... NO!!!

at least not at the moment.....

Since I swaped over to P3D I hardly fly in FSX.... BUT I DO miss my NGX and the T7, but the fidelity and stability of P3D is just so much better....

however, if - when - and as soon PMDG license for P3D, the game might change, although I propably will first need do re-purchase the NGX and T7 Base Variants before getting the addons.......

I'm a freighter guy, love the MD11F and 777F, but I'll buy the 300 because it's PMDG.

Mauricio Brentano

Yes. I will aim to get it at around Christmas.