Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

The .cfg file is located here.

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Thank you, that is probably the only place I didn't look.... :blush:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I still can't quite ascertain the advantage of buying this version when I already have MyTrafficX which works fine in P3D.

Is there any advantage other than the updated schedules (which don't bother me as I don't use P3D for plane-spotting ;)

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I am back on 5.4B until V6 gets some patches, I had no Wizzair at EGGW and far too many Easyjet everywhere else with V6.

5.4B using the widescreen models is the sweetspot for me

Hi,

It has been a while, and I was just wondering if those who bought My Traffic 6 are still happy/unhappy with this software?

Bill Clark 

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

I love it!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It's great.  It's gotten a patch since release.   I use it for both P3D 2.5 and FSX SE with no problems at all.

TT

It's the best.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I still can't quite ascertain the advantage of buying this version when I already have MyTrafficX which works fine in P3D.

Is there any advantage other than the updated schedules (which don't bother me as I don't use P3D for plane-spotting ;)

If your current install is satisfactory, mostly what you will gain is a loss of a few frames, unless you wish to learn how to control un-needed flights with a new program. It's around here but don't remember the title.

I had V6 installed, but just did a total re-install of P3D and as of yet, still wondering if I really want to go thru process of reinstalling it. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I've used My Traffic in P3DV2.5 with no problem.  They are not showing up in P3DV3 however.  Will there be a new installer out soon?

Jim

The installer for My Traffic 6 is designed for Prepar3d 2.x, but it does work with V3. You have to point all the settings in the MyT 6 configuration program to the correct P3d V3 folders. There are instructions on how to do this in this thread and also on the official MyT 6 support message board. In addition, you have to rename the default P3d AI traffic file trafficAircraft.bgl --> trafficAircraft.bgl.orig, so the sim can't find it.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/475704-prepar3d-v3-and-my-traffic-6/

Google is your friend ;)

Did it like in the instructions - works perfectly!

Ok, here goes ...

First you need to add the AI aircraft to the sim. You do that by adding the path to the MT6 aircraft folder to P3D "simobjects.cfg", in the same way that the configurator does for P3D v2.

Example: My MT6 folder is "F:\MT6", so I add a new entry to "%programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3\simobjects.cfg" pointing to the MT6 aircraft folder like this

[Entry.11]
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles
Path=F:\MT6\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True
It may not be [Entry.11] in your case, use the next available number in sequence.

For the scenery, I just use the in-sim scenery library manager to add "F:\MT6\MyTraffic".

The last step is to disable "[P3D3]\Scenery\World\scenery\trafficaircraft.bgl" by renaming it to "trafficaircraft.bgl.off" like the configurator does. This removes the stock Pacifica and Orbit etc. AI routes.

As stated, you don't have to install it for ver 3 if you already had it in 2. 5. and you didn't wipe MT6 from your hard drive.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Yes, you have to buy V6.

Only incremental updates for a major version 5.x would be included.

That's the normal case for almost any software out there.

Marc Weber