Sign in to follow this  
x-plane 123

LR major announcement at the 2016 Flight Sim Expo!

I would guess that most XP10 aircraft and scenery will still work in XP11, just like happenend with v9 and 10. 

I hope you guys are right! Cant really remember the transition from version 9 to 10.. ;)

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I have seen a post from Ben Supnik quite some time ago on their development forum, he said xplane always guarantees 1 major release back compatibility to protect developers and customers. So, if they release XP11 everything developed for XP10 should work.

Anyway, i will not bet XP11 will be announced. Maybe they could announce XP10 reloaded and keep going on this major release bringing major stuff to it.

Whatever they announce hope is big and move us forward.

Manuel Merelles

Almost certain it will be an XP11 announcement, and I'd also be surprised if the update breaks XP10 functionality. Either way, tickets booked, and if possible I'll do a video :-)

• Upvote 2

Almost certain it will be an XP11 announcement, and I'd also be surprised if the update breaks XP10 functionality. Either way, tickets booked, and if possible I'll do a video :-)

Try to get a front row seat Tony, we want to be close to the action! :smile:

kameramann-auf-der-szene-17252114.jpg

• Upvote 2

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Mathis Kok posted this on the Aerosoft forum:
   On September 22, 2016 at 9:31 AM,  XP-Flieger said: 

Will v11 be released in the next 6 Months? The second question makes the gossip factory working overtime. default_laugh.png

That is being planned yes. And it looks damned good.

X-plane 123: This is the direct link to the post frmm Mathijs Kok from Aerosoft:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/115546-annual-poll-on-platform/&do=findComment&comment=776075

Interesting, isn't it?

BTW: It certainly could do no harm if XP would receive some support in Aerosofts poll on what simulator we use ... :wink:

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

LOL at the survey results, "will you be switching to X-Plane 10" 0%. Sad really :-). 

Edit: Just noticed some people will think about switching to 11 though. Let's wait and see what it has to offer first

Unless XP11 does a better job of recreating the overall environment of commercial aviation than XP10, I doubt it's ,are share will increase by much.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

Unless XP11 does a better job of recreating the overall environment of commercial aviation than XP10, I doubt it's ,are share will increase by much.

Commercial aviation involves more than airliners, 'ya know.

(Steps into Bell 412, lifts off into the sunset with great helicopter dynamics).  :wink:

The overall health of the X-Plane product and community is fine, if smaller than that of FSX/P3D. I do agree that we'd see a significant shift of sim pilots if a combination of better ATC and AI aircraft along with enough tubeliners released by PMDG appeared in X-Plane. I've just never thought of flight sims as being strictly airline simulators. There's a lot more going on, and believe it or not, some folks do have different priorities in simulation.

• Upvote 6

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Anyone attending this weekend will be conducting live blogging/facebook/tweeting posting as this special announcement unfolds or live video feed? If so; where can I find this information?

• Upvote 1

Yes, that would be handy!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It would be nice if there was a live feed from the show. My thanks to those generous souls who will make a video for us to see. However, it would seem that Laminar Research - parent of X-Plane 10/11 - would have a video and blog to promote their product. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what does develop. I am looking forward to see the big announcement. I hope it is a grand spanking new X-Plane 11.

Jim Morgan