Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

MSFS 2024 …. Betrayal ?

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

No one is watering it down.

Judging by what the person who I needed to make this account to correct was saying and the two lads who came to his defense, I'd say they were my friend.

Brother...I made this account because I could no longer sit by and read the abundance of misdirection from bitter, killjoys who should know better due to being fully grown adults and so-called veterans within the MS FS community but like many have said...these types of community members make it a dreadful place to be a part of sometimes. You ask for help or advice and it's always the same bitter losers coming in like wrecking balls to belittle others with a false sense of authority. Just because "he is a 737 pilot". It's appalling and I cannot stand for this any longer. There are more people who do not post here than there are who do. Make of that what you will, friend.

My perception was that these minority of bitter avsim members were indeed trying to reduce MSFS into just a gaming title otherwise they would not have tried to fight tooth and nail to make it seem as though I am trying to "gate-keep" by simply correcting them of what this title really is.

All the very best. I am done with this thread.

• Like 1

Leon Jackson

It always was a game and made to cater for gamers not simmers still that is were the money is

• Upvote 1

Why are people so hellbent on semantics?

Is MSFS a game? Yes! Is MSFS a simulator? Yes!

Can MSFS be used to supplement real-world training? Yes!

Can MSFS be used in lieu of real-world training? NO!

Can you turn on all flight assists and fly a 172 under bridges while bouncing off the ground and then do some loops and barrel rolls for good measure? Yes! Is there anything wrong with that? No!

Can you use that same 172 to fly IFR procedures by the book? Yes!

MSFS is whatever you want it to be. Arguing ad nauseam about what MSFS is or isn't is a waste of time.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Please please please members.

PRUNE YOUR QUOTES. 

Anymore multi-paragraph posts will be either laboriously pruned or hidden. Most likely hidden. We got other stuff to do.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 hour ago, airservices said:

It always was a game and made to cater for gamers not simmers still that is were the money is

The AAUs were made for gamers?

• Like 5

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

As did some of Asobos roadmap plans for MSFS 2020 (we can call it that now right?), seasons being one of them. 

Riiiight of course. Screaming without a clue or more details from MS/Asobo that 2024 is "omgee all about arcadey missions and not for Serious Simmers ™️ !!"
... is the same as ...
MS/Asobo delivering a whole bunch of their roadmap thru 3+ years via numerous SUs/AAUs/WUs for v2020 but not *all* of that roadmap like seasons.

• Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

10 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

When you think about it, everything in business is eventually a betrayal, just enough to not totally disillusion everyone.

except for colmans mustard ,:) 

1 hour ago, 188AHC said:

Please please please members.

PRUNE YOUR QUOTES. 

Anymore multi-paragraph posts will be either laboriously pruned or hidden. Most likely hidden. We got other stuff to do.

Apologies..

I was being lazy. Will do from now on chief🫡

Leon Jackson

1 hour ago, Funky D said:

Why are people so hellbent on semantics?

Is MSFS a game? Yes! Is MSFS a simulator? Yes!

Can MSFS be used to supplement real-world training? Yes!

Can MSFS be used in lieu of real-world training? NO!

MSFS is whatever you want it to be. Arguing ad nauseam about what MSFS is or isn't is a waste of time.

You know what, you hit the nail on the head and articulated what I wanted to say but just couldn't due to my own frustrations and willingness to argue.

Wish I took you mature approach and I will gladly admit that I failed in that regard. MSFS is for all. It I a Sim first and foremost but also a game which anyone can now pick up and play.

Leon Jackson

On 6/12/2023 at 5:40 PM, GSalden said:

*overdramatic comedic video*

First of all, this video is aging really poorly, not that the initial reaction was any less nonsensical. No one has betrayed anyone. 

Secondly, let me break something relatively gently to the author of the video.

You appear to believe that your airline pilot roleplay is any less roleplay than that of people roleplaying EMC helicopter pilots, firefighting aircraft pilots, or all of the "careers" showcased in the initial reveal of FS2024.

Here we're all roleplaying parts of aviation. Yes. You as well. And all of these parts have equal dignity. 

Microsoft should be applauded for expanding the simulator (yes, simulator, which is also a game. Computer flight simulators are a genre of video games, last time I checked, and have been since before a large percentage of the users of this forum were born) to all areas of aviation. 

Microsoft Flight Simulator is a "flight" simulator. It's not a Microsoft Airliner Simulator. It's not a Microsoft General Aviation Simulator. 

This community has a massive problem of misplaced self esteem. Roleplaying pilots doesn't make you any more "serious" or mature, or valid, than any other dude roleplaying a warrior in Final Fantasy or a marine in Call of Duty. 

As a matter of fact, I've often seen more maturity in these communities - at the very least in the ability to recognize that they're simply enjoying an entertainment-related hobby - then in the flight simulation community, which has massive issues with coming to terms with the fact that having fun isn't a sin. 

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 15

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, icewater5 said:

Call me simple Iff u like, but iff its a game why is called a simulator, lol

Because computer flight simulators are one genre among the many that are part of that massive entertainment hobby called "video games."

I know this may come as news for some who have never poked their nose out of this specific genre, but you're in luck as news is my day job. Here's the deal: video games include a ton of different kinds of simulators, from train simulator to farming simulator, truck simulator, submarine simulators, racing simulators, the Sims, SimCity, and many, many more, all simulating something. Would you be surprised if I told you that there is a "Powerwash simulator" and it's actually really popular?

Flight Simulators, including Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, and P3D, aren't somehow special.

Here. Have some study material.

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=simulator

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

As did some of Asobos roadmap plans for MSFS 2020 (we can call it that now right?), seasons being one of them. 

Total Half Glass Full perspective...

It's the next version of the same sim.

Considering Jorg & Sebs detailed 30 minute explanation of the plans for the sim, it's astonishing that any "serious simmers" aren't ectstatic over the plans for v2024.

Considering the hours of enjoyment I've gotten from the sim, plus the breakneck pace of genuine advancement in v2020, plus the cornucopia of free content constantly being given away, you're attitude is downright weird man.

Do you complain every time a new smart phone comes out, too?

• Like 6

14 hours ago, g-liner said:

If I’m doing flight training for my job I’m in a real aircraft or in a real sim not fs2020. Sure FS2020 is great and I want more realism in every aspect  but it’s obviously not good enough to use for actual training for my job as an airline pilot. 

The US military disagrees with you. And heck, they're flying P3D...!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, airservices said:

I'm not sure i've seen this discussed, perhaps you should put this to a vote. 

• Like 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs