Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

CTD's all the time now!

44 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Still no crash here since rolling back to 537.34. I haven't changed anything else. 

Yes.....my experience also. The Nvidia drivers released after mid September where in my case influencing MSFS negatively. So more ctd with newer drivers. I'm not saying that is an Nvidia issue. Just what my experience is and what happens at my end. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

9 hours ago, FlyIce said:

I never overclocked my 4090 either and hadn't had any CTD for a long time until few months ago. I guess that somewhere along those recent updates MSFS becomes a bit allergic to high performance and power hungry cards like 4090. Anyway I strongly suggest you give underclock and powerlimiting a try. It's simple and cured my CTD problem (with ~3-5% loss of fps)

Sorry, I did not buy a 4090 to underclock it just for MSFS. I don't ask much of my 4090 in MSFS running in 1440p with settings at high and medium. Glad that it worked for you, but I really don't think that is the answer for me. 

8 hours ago, Brocky120 said:

@sniper31

Sorry I haven't read the entire thread, but when you go to the Event Viewer on Windows and look at the error, what is the exception code you are getting?

The error I get in Event Viewer is always the same for me since this SU13 CTD started for me:

AppName FlightSimulator.exe 
  AppVersion 1.34.16.0 
  AppTimeStamp 00000000 
  ModuleName FlightSimulator.exe 
  ModuleVersion 1.34.16.0 
  ModuleTimeStamp 00000000 
  ExceptionCode c0000005 
  FaultingOffset 00000000023f9441 
  ProcessId 0x18d8 
  ProcessCreationTime 0x1da14d700431f8e 
  AppPath C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.34.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe 
  ModulePath C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.34.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe 
  IntegratorReportId 37124043-c1b6-49d7-96b0-231872851dac 
  PackageFullName Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.34.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe 
  PackageRelativeAppId App 

As for GPU drivers, that is of course prudent and good information that you posted, but I have already been long aware of that process and fully know how to properly install and uninstall drivers, to include Nvidia GPU drivers. I have tested a range of drivers to try and fix this issue, both older and newer Nvidia drivers.

I appreciate the suggestions and attempts at help here guys, but I am starting to repeat myself in this thread as it grows longer. The MSFS reinstall is going to happen. It is even a step in the Zendesk process, albeit one of the last steps, but still, a step. Reinstallation is a valid step in troubleshooting software problems. It's not the first step I would take, and trust me, I have been troubleshooting this CTD problem since the release of SU13. Again, appreciate the attempts at assistance. I am commencing with MSFS reinstall. I will report back in this thread with my progress. Once reinstalled, I will have to do several flights before I can be satisfied that the problem is resolved, or if I get a CTD right off the bat, then, and only then I will look deeper into hardware.  

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

33 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

Sorry, I did not buy a 4090 to underclock it just for MSFS. I don't ask much of my 4090 in MSFS running in 1440p with settings at high and medium. Glad that it worked for you, but I really don't think that is the answer for me. 

The error I get in Event Viewer is always the same for me since this SU13 CTD started for me:

AppVersion 1.34.16.0 
  AppTimeStamp 00000000 
  ModuleVersion 1.34.16.0 
  ModuleTimeStamp 00000000 
  ExceptionCode c0000005 
  ProcessId 0x18d8 
  AppPath C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.34.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe 
  ModulePath C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.34.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe 
  PackageRelativeAppId App 

As for GPU drivers, that is of course prudent and good information that you posted, but I have already been long aware of that process and fully know how to properly install and uninstall drivers, to include Nvidia GPU drivers. I have tested a range of drivers to try and fix this issue, both older and newer Nvidia drivers.

I appreciate the suggestions and attempts at help here guys, but I am starting to repeat myself in this thread as it grows longer. The MSFS reinstall is going to happen. It is even a step in the Zendesk process, albeit one of the last steps, but still, a step. Reinstallation is a valid step in troubleshooting software problems. It's not the first step I would take, and trust me, I have been troubleshooting this CTD problem since the release of SU13. Again, appreciate the attempts at assistance. I am commencing with MSFS reinstall. I will report back in this thread with my progress. Once reinstalled, I will have to do several flights before I can be satisfied that the problem is resolved, or if I get a CTD right off the bat, then, and only then I will look deeper into hardware.  

Reinstalling is certainly a valid troubleshooting step. I did it due to my post-SU13 CTDsto no effect. Everyone's situation might be a little different, but j wouldn't expect that these issues many of us are seeing are going to be improved by a reinstall.

37 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

The MSFS reinstall is going to happen.

Please share your results!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

44 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

AppVersion 1.34.16.0 
  AppTimeStamp 00000000 
  ModuleVersion 1.34.16.0 
  ModuleTimeStamp 00000000 
  ExceptionCode c0000005 
  ProcessId 0x18d8 
  PackageRelativeAppId App 

My CTDs started the day SU13 was released and have persisted ever since. I reported this bug very early to MS and did everything they asked me to do so I can appreciate you wanting to start from scratch. I went so far as to reinstall Win11 on a new SSD which I had just installed to use as a backup. Installed a fresh copy of MSFS onto that, and without a single update or addon installed, had a crash on my very first flight. I have long since resigned myself to the fact that this bug is on their end since there is absolutely no way I could have made my setup more "vanilla", as they like to put it. All I've been able to do is minimize the frequency of the CTDs by limiting the download speed of my network card. Other solutions may work better for you and, hopefully, you can find some relief by resetting your system. I just want to temper your expectations. BTW, we have almost identical systems. Your specs read just like mine, right down to the motherboard.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

All the best Sniper! Its a hassle for sure but will be most valuable to get your thoughts once reinstalled... 🙂

• Like 1

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

3 hours ago, air-ick said:

Your specs read just like mine, right down to the motherboard.

So another 4090 user? I really begin to believe more that this CTD bug is somehow related to high performance video cards.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

I just find it odd that some of us have excellent stability powt su13 and some have a terrible time. I am sure most are fine as the MSFS forums aren't discussing a lot of extra CTDs post Su13.

Maybe it is Asobo/MS servers? Hardware changes? USB?

It's frustrating but as long as everyone keeps threads like these going the better everyone can help.. Advice etc.

Hope you all get it sorted.

FYI, it would also be helpful to know your Nvidia Control Panel settings (global as well) and your in-sim settings as well.

This includes anything related to graphics, LOD, assistance, failures, flight model.

The reason why I bring this up: after windows, sim or Nvidia updates.... sometimes these settings are changed. You'd be surprised what stupid settings happened to me.

An update ago I had my sim change to dx12 and dlss and TLOD etc were all changed

Edited by Sonosusto
  • Like 2

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

3 hours ago, FlyIce said:

So another 4090 user? I really begin to believe more that this CTD bug is somehow related to high performance video cards.

My 4090 works just fine with no CTDs and i've undervolted and overclocked.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, air-ick said:

Your specs read just like mine, right down to the motherboard.

Hmmmm.... This might be a clue....

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

17 hours ago, air-ick said:

My CTDs started the day SU13 was released and have persisted ever since. I reported this bug very early to MS and did everything they asked me to do so I can appreciate you wanting to start from scratch. I went so far as to reinstall Win11 on a new SSD which I had just installed to use as a backup. Installed a fresh copy of MSFS onto that, and without a single update or addon installed, had a crash on my very first flight. I have long since resigned myself to the fact that this bug is on their end since there is absolutely no way I could have made my setup more "vanilla", as they like to put it. All I've been able to do is minimize the frequency of the CTDs by limiting the download speed of my network card. Other solutions may work better for you and, hopefully, you can find some relief by resetting your system. I just want to temper your expectations. BTW, we have almost identical systems. Your specs read just like mine, right down to the motherboard.

To my way of thinking, this demonstrates conclusively that the problem is somewhere in your kit.

Even modern solid state components can come with defects, or develop them with time. I’ve been lucky recently but in the past I’ve experienced issues with RAM and a GPU.

They took ages to track down, but with hindsight it seems obvious: if it were a bug, then it would affect large numbers of users. The core reason it took ages to track down turns out to have been that I just didn’t want to accept that there might be something fundamentally broken with my kit.

• Like 2

Yeah but if your kit why did this just appear recently and only in su13?

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Maybe it's a case of "kit happens!"

sorry about that, couldn't resist.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

This sim can be a problems fest for some and not for others.

Is only about luck; once it goes wrong you had it.

I spent the whole day yesterday flying (1 flight was 3 hrs long) and not a single CTD, I only encounter couple of 1 sec stutters but that is it. 99% of the time was smooth, really happy with my setup. Kind of weird seeing others having CTD issues, it's been many many months since I had one, could it be that I'm on a 3k series video card. It seems that the ones with high end cards (4k series) are the ones with the issues.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo