Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

Hello, very interesting. It seems UT2 tool is working as described...

Any idea what should be the normal number of 'visible' aircrafts set-up in a large airport like EGLL ?

(not to limit the real traffic intensity....). 150 ? less ? more ?

many thanks for your experience !

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

Hello, very interesting. It seems UT2 tool is working as described...

Any idea what should be the normal number of 'visible' aircrafts set-up in a large airport like EGLL ?

(not to limit the real traffic intensity....). 150 ? less ? more ?

many thanks for your experience !

JM

I find 200 works well. I'm using MyTrafficX 6 plus UT2. Gets most slots filled at EGLL, but not all. about as I see it when there.

Mind you, whilst I do like P3D for its graphics, with a realistic level of traffic at EGLL (UK2000 or Aerosoft versions), I find its performance insufficient there, especially for landing. That's why, until I get an even more powerful PC I'm using FSX-SE, just flirting with P3D.

That's even after upgrading video cards from a 780Ti to a 980Ti, thinking P3D would make really good use of it. My processor is a 4770K running at 4.5GHz.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Pete, as you've just mentioned it, just one quick question. What kind of improvements have you notice by upgrading the video card? I have the very same CPU/clock and I use a GTX 760, which I noticed runs continuously at 100% of usage within P3D 3.2. Even tessellation I was having trouble turning on, but now I think I managed to keep it activated with a little bit of water effects as well. I'm thinking about upgrading the video card, but when I read these things I kinda get unwilling. :-) Thanks!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

OK, thanks. I hoped for around 140. It still gives me cca 19-20 FPS on Heathrow during taxiing. Few slots empty....

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

What kind of improvements have you notice by upgrading the video card? I have the very same CPU/clock and I use a GTX 760, which I noticed runs continuously at 100% of usage within P3D 3.2.

Difficult to say really. I never measured anything specifically to do with video before.  I only use it for scenery -- the outside view -- via a 1080P projector onto a 10 foot wide screen  (138 inch diagonal, to compare with a normal screen size), seen through the windows in a 737 cockpit.

I think the only noticeable change is perhaps less delay in filling in texture, i.e. less temporary black areas -- hardly any at all. I suppose that's related more to the increased video memory and higher memory throughput than anything else.  I've not really noticed any significant increase in performance otherwise, maybe a frame or two with P3D, not so much FSX-SE I think.

But I'm sticking with FSX-SE for now -- the scenery does look superb with P3D, but it's pretty good with FSX too, and flying airliners only I don't need that much outside of airports.

Sorry I can't give you anything specific to go on. When I decided to go for the 980Ti I was hoping that P3D would make such good use of it that the performance would improve noticeably, but I was badly disappointed.in that regard.

So, I reckon it depends what you want, and what changes in the future with P3D. I think it might be worth holding off anyway because I saw that there's a new range of ultra-super-duper fast video cards coming out in the not too distant future, the 10xx series. ;-)

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I just wanted to say thank you for this great tool! It works exactly as described. A fantastic addon that I don't think that I will be able to do without from now on. 

I run P3D at 4k unlocked frames in sim and use DXtory to externally limit my frames to 30fps.  At Heathrow with Mytraffic 6 at 40% Commercial and 25% GA settings, I'm usually getting around 22fps on Runway....Wait 60 secs for the Tool to work it's magic and I get 5-10fps back with this tool. Fantastic stuff.

With all of the money that we can all spend on our hobby, it goes to prove that sometimes the greatest additions come from a simple, yet very effective idea!

So does this still work with the latest version of P3D?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

So does this still work with the latest version of P3D?

Yes mate.

• Upvote 1

Yes mate.

Fantastic, thanks. Guess I'll check it out.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

WOW I use 60 and find that to be enough and I get good FPS too. Im running the 6700K @ 4.7 980ti STRIX

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I changed to i7 4790 and kept 560ti for a later upgrade. Performance has increased in most cases to satisfaction with most sliders to the right, hardware tessellation disabled. The only major improvement I expect with a beefier gfx card is better heavy cloud performance.

Somehow I missed this back in the day and only now tried it. It worked great and deleted 12 aircraft on my recent flight in England, but then P3D proceeded to respawn AI. If, say, I set the app to only show 0 or 1 planes, within 30 seconds or so P3D will be back to 3-5. It is as if th app is constantly fighting P3D for AI generation. I can't help but think that that is not very good use of CPU cycles.

Am I missing something? I'm using default traffic and ATC ProX.

As your user "bubble" moves with user aircraft, potentially more AI aircraft are encountered. The Air Traffic Manager deletes any AI above target for the bubble. Obviously, the lower one sets the target number, the more CPU time will be spent maintaining the target. The logic behind the app (confirmed by the trivial amount of CPU time it uses) is that the activity of the app is vastly lower than the CPU load required to maintain 100s of AI aircraft in the user bubble.