Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Captain Sim 767 is one Amazing Beautiful aircraft for FSX

I always compare the two like this.

CaptSim=Great passenger sim for cabin flying.

PMDG=Great pilot sim for actually flying.

The PMDG doesn't have passenger areas to visit in their planes? I'm asking since I have neither plane.

The J41 has a cabin with passengers, but you don't wanna see those. ^_^ No offence to the pixels involved. :Peace:

Note. I'm flying my CS767 with the cabin off. Same for the J41.

I own both, the Level-D and the Captain Sim 767. I loved the Level-d 767 in FS9. That's why I bought it again (full price!!) when I switched to FSX. Now I don't use it any longer for the following reason: I just hate having to load the FMC twice, having to insert all the information a second time after start-up. This bug drives me crazy and is IMHO not tolerable. Of course, there are ways around it, but they aren't the proper procedures. That's why I bought the Captain Sim 767 and have come to like it a lot. It isn't perfect by any means, but it does what it does really well. There's one little bug with the FMC (Top of Descent) but I have learnt a way around the problem and it works most of the time and it doesn't interfere with the normal procedures. What I get on top of a very stable add-on is a good VC with all the bells and whistles. Plus, I'm looking forward to the update. Level-D on the other hand said in their thread that they won't fix the bug I mentioned above until the 757 is out ... Therefore for me, the Captain Sim 767 is the best 767 add-on for FSX. And by the way, the 757 is on par with the 767 and it is going to be updated soon.

Note that this FMC bug happens only if you have Acceleration installed.

Thankfully way back when I got FSX I didn't buy Gold version but Deluxe so I have no problems with Level D 767... Acceleration is useless anyway.

And there is a fix for the FMC bug on their forums. No longer an issue. I too though have switched to the Captain Sim version mostly because it has a better feel in the cockpit. The LevelD is just a bit too long in the tooth for my taste these days. Shame they rested on their laurels on just one product. They could have been a very successful company.

- Aaron

Note that this FMC bug happens only if you have Acceleration installed.

Thankfully way back when I got FSX I didn't buy Gold version but Deluxe so I have no problems with Level D 767... Acceleration is useless anyway.

I have seen some addon aircraft that require acceleration. Probably something to do with aliasing sounds/gauges to the aircraft that come with acceleration, which is never a good sign for the addon aircraft involved but still... not entirely useless :)

I have FSX Deluxe, and my LDS 767 is the best by far IMHO. Here's why: I tend to start up the flight on the runway and go flying right there and then, and the CS has an extremely irritating problem; it starts up with the IRS as well as heaps of other systems off . The LDS can be loaded right there, have the flaps set and depart. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem that I mentioned? I suppose that if I could get it fixed, I could use the CS for flights with old 767s (The cockpit layout is from an early version of the 76)

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So many PMDG 737 topics on this board but CS 767 really is miles ahead of my PMDG aircraft. I just bought it and i am in shock at how well it runs and flies on my system.

Ha Ha HA Drug test needed. lol

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I just hate having to load the FMC twice, having to insert all the information a second time after start-up.

I have Acceleration installed and applied fix for this issue posted in the Level D site.

Problem solved.

My last purchase from CS was the 757. I am hesitant to buy another aircraft from them.

Thanks,

Fabio

Ne'er noticed this fix going to try it out. This was the only reason I haven't been flying not much.

Yes if you like to go around cabin then CS is probably the best choice. But VC on CS 767 isn't really as good as on 737NGX...

The systems are not modeled as deeply and there is nothing that compares to the NGX in that category, but the VC is every bit as good. CS is a master of textures. I love PMDG and flying the NGX, but Captain Sim is way up there too, in my opinion.

CS is really great in doning eye-candy stuff, such as virtual cabins, animations etc, but IMHO they should either improve their systems or drop them to support a "lite" aircraft.

Also, I don't really like the documentation provided by CS, whereas PMDG's documentation is - as far as I can say (MD-11, JS41, don't have the Boeings) - simply the best.

CS 767 really is miles ahead of my PMDG aircraft

Hello

Test the Nav radio, then get back to me , LOL