Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Prepar3D v4.0 Hotfix 1 released

2 minutes ago, yabeweb said:

1)  Navigate to your Control Panel,  Right Click on Prepar3D v4 Academic \ Professional click Uninstall 

Don't i need to unisntall only the client?

Shouldn't it be

1)  Navigate to your Control Panel,  Right Click on Prepar3D v4 Academic \ Professional  client click Uninstall   ??

Yes, Academic\Professional Client, NOT the Academic\Professional item as you then uninstall the programm itself.

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

all done here this morning.  Very very very simple if you follow the instructions on the first post on the topic.  

Looking forward to that 777-300 and Aerosoft  EDDF and EGLL now :) 

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

Deleted Fixed

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

12 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Deleted Fixed

...mmm...how did you solve?

Uninstalled via CP and then rebooted?

Weird

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

2 hours ago, swiesma said:

699.99 is ok for a top of the line graphics card.

I paid 830€ here for the 1080ti -.- You guys need to live in Germany for some time, you won't ever complain about hardware prices ever again afterwards :)

Same goes for Denmark if its the standard version - otherwise about 1000€ here

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 hours ago, yabeweb said:

1)  Navigate to your Control Panel,  Right Click on Prepar3D v4 Academic \ Professional click Uninstall 

Don't i need to unisntall only the client?

Shouldn't it be

1)  Navigate to your Control Panel,  Right Click on Prepar3D v4 Academic \ Professional  client click Uninstall   ??

Hello

Yes my apologies, I have corrected that,  Also you can click on the links for an Image 

40 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Michael Moe

I just checked my favorite shop in Germany for non-standard versions of 1080ti: The cheapest is 724.90eur(Gainward Golden Sample Aktiv), the most expensive is 979eur(ROG Poseidon). My favorite MSI version is about 800. Not bad :happy:

Btw, on topic: I also have better performance after installing hotfix. About 7-10% lower GPU usagge with my settings and no more simconnect related stutters

Among the list of fixes are some corrected postions of buildings in istanbul. Is it sufficient to just intall the client or would one need to reinstall the scenery and content package as well to see those corrections?

6 hours ago, SimonC said:

Don't take me wrong, but with this attitude you are in a wrong hobby.

While there might be a possibility for some optimization of this feature, making complaints about performance having a mediocre card (nowdays mediocre) is useless.

I don't think you can consider me mediocre , I've been simming since 2003, so trust me I've done my share of investing. Especially after I just spent 900 upgrading the tower and had bought my 970 about a year ago for $400 and brought it over to my new tower. 

Before judging my attitude perhaps you can question why $700 for 1 feature is too steep. Considering with all other simulators I get a great experience. Look at the X-Plane.  Dynamic lighting , dynamic reflections. Definitely not this performance hit. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

GTX970  mostly performs as current low end cards, that is reality even it was expensive relatively short time ago. Lastest generation brings 70% higher perfirmance for same/similar price. Just midrange GTX1080 have mostly double performance than yours 970 and GTX1080Ti is close to triple performance.

v4 brings new features in and those features needs some extra perfromance even GTX1080Ti have not enough performance for maximum detail. I do not pretend that everything is ok and there is no room for some bug and some better poerformance in future, but currently dynamic lights needs huge performance.

2 hours ago, lodestar said:

I just checked my favorite shop in Germany for non-standard versions of 1080ti: The cheapest is 724.90eur(Gainward Golden Sample Aktiv), the most expensive is 979eur(ROG Poseidon). My favorite MSI version is about 800. Not bad :happy:

Btw, on topic: I also have better performance after installing hotfix. About 7-10% lower GPU usagge with my settings and no more simconnect related stutters

Alternate or Mindfactory? :)

One or two weeks after release 830€ for a non-Founder Edition 1080ti was the cheapest price available :-)

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

Alternate or Mindfactory? :)

One or two weeks after release 830€ for a non-Founder Edition 1080ti was the cheapest price available :-)

Mindfactory :laugh: They are realy good

5 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Michael Moe

Since I moved to Brazil, I can't even think in buying hardware. I checked the 1080, around march, not even the ti version and it was nearly $2000. That's why I have to live with a 770 2gb that coated around $1000 

Why are people still posting back and forth about how to install this? :blink:

The lockheed martin website - see link in the very first line of this thread, nine pages back - seems to be very clear in its instructions. It should take about 2 minutes to uninstall the old client and then reinstall the new client, there's not really any trick to this. 

I think there's some ranting about RTFM back on about page 3, if that would help. :biggrin: 

• Upvote 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

5 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Why are people still posting back and forth about how to install this? :blink:

According to @Twenty6, some people have trouble boiling water. I'm still laughing about this. 

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |