Sign in to follow this  
tazz

P3D 3.0 Speculation & General Nonsense

So...anyone know when Prepar3D ver 3.1 will be released. Ver 3.0 is working great for me but there are a few bugs with my add ons and 64 bit.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

We're quite a woolly bunch.

.... as in a flock of sheep?  :P 

.... as in a flock of sheep?  :P

In desperate need of a shepherd (no religious context implied). :Devil:

LOL! What I find hilarious is that instead of complaining about all sorts of problems with P3D, the majority seem to be quite satisfied and looking forward to the next version. In retrospect, with the exception of some pertinent issues like OOM's, GENERALLY speaking P3D is becoming a solid sim.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I love the title for this thread - very hilarious.  Lets all get it out our of systems about P3Dv3.

I suggest we make a betting pool on when the expected release is? We can use pretend money here, unless Rob suggests that we really do a speculation bet with some flightsim product as prize of sorts for kicks.

yes, even I am now looking forward to v3.1 release :fool::dance:

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I meant 3GB... 4GB requires the large address aware flag and not all 32-bit applications were compiled. Yes, I know there's a way to hack the application to make it 4GB aware...

Yep, correct, my bad.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I would imagine they are beta testing the heck out of the latest version, probably thinking about the howling they will hear if they release it and it has one tiny little bug in it  that isn't in 2.5.    

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Matching heels & handbag... :dance:

Are you "coming out" Wobbie? He%20He.gif

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

more 75.000 views!!!

:yahoo:

ohhh!!! 76.000...

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Yep, correct, my bad.

You were correct.

Any 32-bit application with the large address set uses 3GB on a 32-bit operating system and 4GB on a 64-bit operating ststem.

While this thread is full of nonsense, at least it is restricting all the inconsequential levity to one place in the forum. Think what might happen if it was locked! I interpret the moderators' apparent reluctance to close it down as simply a case of damage limitation. There is always idle and usually ill-informed speculation prior to the release of any version.

Mike, you have nailed the raison d'etre for the thread's renaming precisely. The object is to confine all of the benign levity to this one thread, thus keeping serious threads relatively unscathed... :dance:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So, is it true that P3Dv3 will be able to use 3GB RAM? In that case, I will wait for v4 then, as I have 4GB of RAM. Ahha, now is easy to understand. I was confused when v2.5 was released, as the guy in the PC store raised his eyebrows when I asked for a .5GB memory chip. I told him I read it on the internet, so it must be true.

No, I'm not coming out, I'm waiting patiently for Elaine to post a new profile picture,dressed accordingly.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

You'll probably be first in line for that bucket of cold water, Wobbie. :lol:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thank you Christopher  :smile:

No, I'm not coming out, I'm waiting patiently for Elaine to post a new profile picture,dressed accordingly.

Oh ill do a pic, hell ill do an album,  buuut i don't think Avsim is ready for that,  For now we will keep it country  :P

LOL! What I find hilarious is that instead of complaining about all sorts of problems with P3D, the majority seem to be quite satisfied and looking forward to the next version. In retrospect, with the exception of some pertinent issues like OOM's, GENERALLY speaking P3D is becoming a solid sim.

Well this is it Vic,  its only because i know that V3 is around the corner that i am excited but if V3 was canceled for a bit it wouldn't bother me,  i am having a ball with 2.5.  

I am sticking to 2.5 even if its out..the clean reinstallation of the whole thing is a pain in the butt